Front Walkway (PIX)

Quote:
Well, I am refusing to live in a desert!!
I grew up in Southern CA, and I LOVE GREEN!!!

My dream is to have an English Cottage Garden.

Did they city council raise the water rates at the meeting tonight?

I hope not!!

My side yard gets grey water from the washer,
All my dish water is collected and put on the plants
the bath water is put on the plants.

I get lots of exercise carrying buckets of water!!

Very nice! How do you keep the grass so nice and neat around the rocks? Ah, good thing I checked the thread to see if my question was answered. The fake grass looks nice. Neat to see the changes over the years. I do that too. No sense keeping something you don't like.
One year I had the best bloom of morning glories that had wihte,pink,red,and purple blooms all close together.It was so pretty.

That's beautiful!
love.gif

Pretty! I thought it was fake grass from the first picture where it was so neat with the rocks and edges. Great idea! We do the same thing with our bath water here. We're on municipal water and the sewer rates are ridiculous and they charge you sewer rates on whatever water you use because they don't have sewer meters. I refuse to be charged high sewer rates on bathwater AND the water I use on plants, so I collect what rainwater I can and we use buckets and use the bathwater to water plants, too.

Quote:
The Morning Glory I have is not the seeded type. This only grows from cuttings. I don't think this kind is illegal, since it can't be spread by birds to the Cotton crops. It is because of the cotton growers, that we can't have Morning Glories. Even though we are miles away from the cotton fields.

The grass walkway is artificial grass!! No watering!! But I sure miss the Dichondra that used to be between the flagstone, it felt so cool on bare feet! The articial grass is VERY HOT on barefeet in the summertime!

Isn't that Blue Dawn Morning Glory? I am heart broken I can't use any of my seed. It is driving me crazy.
sad.png

Quote:
Well, I am refusing to live in a desert!!
I grew up in Southern CA, and I LOVE GREEN!!!

My dream is to have an English Cottage Garden.

Did they city council raise the water rates at the meeting tonight?

I hope not!!

My side yard gets grey water from the washer,
All my dish water is collected and put on the plants
the bath water is put on the plants.

I get lots of exercise carrying buckets of water!!

I have to ask "where about" in Tucson are you and what your water bill runs..SORRY, I HAVE to ask. We were in central Tucson for about 9 mths when we moved here..we wanted to go farther East..somehow we ended in Picture Rocks..but we got a lot of what we wanted and our views are great.. And yes, I am from Northern CA..I know green! LOL Your yard looks like mine did back home. I am cautious with water right now becuase this is the first time EVER...my water bill has not been included in our rent. I love the dessert...but it would be nice to grow a few more things... So please tell me..what is your water running you to make things green? I know it is a private question..BUT I HAVE TO KNOW!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
There are companies here that specialize in fake grass due to the dry air and heat...it really isn't hotter than many places in CA..at least Tucson isn't..but our air is very dry. It can be hard to keep non drought resistant anything, green for long.

Back
Top Bottom