Froze to death... Or....

The same has been done with reptiles and humans.
Really, every being on this planet can be widely anatomically different but so long as we have a heart we have at least one basic function in common; we have a muscle that pumps our blood whose rate slows down the colder it gets.
You get colder and colder and colder, and the heart gets slower and slower and slower. It can reach a near standstill but still be beating even if only a little. And so long as you warm the organism up slowly and steadily, you reserve a chance of bringing it back to life.
:)
So, yes, it may seem dead, but sometimes the chance still remains and I applaud @AnimalGeek23 for trying.
Happened to us with a cat one time when I was a kid. The cat felt almost solid. Laid him in near the wood stove and, after a while, he started moving and woke up. My parents and us kids were astonished! The cat lived several more years after that. Never underestimate the power of the body to heal/recover. I agree that this bird deserved a chance, no matter how slim the odds. Good for you for caring and trying @AnimalGeek23!!

Happened to us with a cat one time when I was a kid. The cat felt almost solid. Laid him in near the wood stove and, after a while, he started moving and woke up. My parents and us kids were astonished! The cat lived several more years after that. Never underestimate the power of the body to heal/recover. I agree that this bird deserved a chance, no matter how slim the odds. Good for you for caring and trying @AnimalGeek23!!
:D

Back
Top Bottom