frozen eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fishman65, Jan 14, 2012.

1. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    it has been real cold here lately and i was wondering if you can hatch eggs that have been out in the frozen coop..they are not frozen but are real cold...will these hatch or should i wait for warmer weather.

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Personally I would wait, but it is possible to hatch those eggs. After bringing them inside, let them come to room temperature before you but them in your incubator. Also, make sure you check the eggs for fractures that can be caused from the freezing of the eggs, before you but them in the incubator. The hatch rate might not be as good as eggs from warmer weather.

3. chickenarmy

chickenarmy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep, they need to be room temperature before put into an icubator.

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You could always try. Inquiring minds would like to know...

5. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    yea they are good. or should be good at least. but i agree with the others when they said allow the egg to come to room temperature first before incubating.

6. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    collecting every day and they are inside in a turner. I am going to incubate them on monday..will keep you updated on progress...six are small silkie eggs..they were the coldest.

7. Cowgirl75446

Cowgirl75446 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    As long as they don't freeze, they should be fine. Just gather them as soon as you can. I live in Texas, so we don't have much really cold weather. I am setting my incubator right now, our weather is around 62 degrees today. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by