FS: Chicken saddles (wing protector) and goose, duck, chicken diapers

I sent you a PM.
smile.png

Quote:
The saddle has made all the difference!
Poor Phoenix will always have a scar, but now she has feathers, too! Her back feathers are long enough to cover the scar now. I'm going to give her one more month with the saddle and then I don't think she'll even need it anymore!
Thanks so much... my hen is pretty again!
clap.gif

BTW...
Do you think you could make a diaper for a peachick? His body size is equivalent to a large bantam, but he has a longer tail. His tail feathers are probably about 4" long. Could a diaper be made to fit him?

I got my chicken saddles and man!! They are soooo adorable!!! Just in time too!! Here's a pic w/ one of my girls who is completely bald underneath her new wardrobe............

DSC06303.jpg

And here's one with the culprit trying to sneak in the picture too!!

DSC06312.jpg

Thanks so much!!!! They are wonderful!! The other hen that has the saddle and the wing guard on is setting right now, however, it covers up her bald spots as well and with these 46 degree nights, I know she appreciates it!!

Quote:
Get some bluekote or some pine tar. The bluekote will protect the skin, and the pine tar will deter pecking
smile.png

I will get that for her wings. She has finally gotten used to the saddle but still doesn't act like the other hen. When I put it on the other hen she just kind of looked over her shoulder and just walked off like nothing was there.
The little one acts like she has something after her. LOL Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
hmm.png
I don't know why because they really aren't heavy. Maybe try it again later. Hope it works for you eventually.

She has gotten better. She just would not let the wing flaps alone though. But now she isn't so bad. Still acts a little funny about it and wants to crawl along some times. But the feathers are growning back as I peaked at them her wings are still bare because of the other hens. I think I will try the blucoat and the tar to see if that will work.

Tess,
Thanks so much for the saddles. Here are some pics of the girls all dressed up.

*Everyone checking out Cha Cha's new attire*
25108_img_3994.jpg

*Plain Jane models her red, white, and blue for us*
25108_img_4058.jpg

*The whole gang*
25108_img_4060cropped.jpg

Back
Top Bottom