FS: Young Laying Hens - NE MA

eam

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
Rockport, MA
We have recently sold our house and need to downsize our flock. I have various age chickens and breeds. The youngest (10-15 months) are black sexlinks and RIR in their first laying season for $15.00 each. I also have 2 light sussex (2 years old) and 1 blue cochin (3 years old) heritage birds for $10.00 each. And, if anyone is interested, some 4+ year old hens for free.

We'd love to find them good homes before we move!

Thanks.
Elizabeth

Around here they sell chicks - as pullets (2-3 weeks) for $15.00.

I'm pretty much sold out.

Elizabeth

wow I just talked to the co-op guy to see what they had and he has golden comets 6-8 weeks old 4 bucks each. he says they are expensive because they are older. I paid 5 for my rir that where 1-1 and half years old. but if thats the going rate good luck.

I expect our markets are quite different. I sell eggs for $4.50 a dozen and can't keep them in stock! I sell meat birds (cornish cross - not heritage or anything special) for $4.00 and always have a waiting list. Our customers are extremely loyal. I hardly ever take on new customers because we can't supply them.

However, I also pay $16.00 per 50 lb bag of blue seal layer pellets.....two bags a week.

We're moving to VT where I expect the market to be quite different from here!

Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom