Fudge is A BOY

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by frankenchick, Jan 15, 2010.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    Fudge has kept me guessing all along, but today I am absolutely certain. It's as if all the hormones are firing . . . he's mounting every hen that'll stand still for it (altho' several told him to push off) and he's trying to crow. It sounds like me trying to start the mower: er ER er! er ER er! (with some head shaking and throat clearing thrown in). I laughed the first time I heard it, and got the stink eye.

2. tccbaby

tccbaby Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2009
    I LOVE when roosters first start crowing!!! It's hilarious! Just doesn't come out right, does it!!! LOL![​IMG]

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Yeppers! He's a boy all right!! LOL Not to put a damper on things but I had an overzealous bantam cockeral once and he gave my dear sweet Miss Gold a serious spinal injury. It took her months of TLC and rehab to get her walking again. I suppose that's a rare thing to happen though.

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    We have the same thing goin on here. Shanks sounds like the baby playing with a toilet paper tube.

MMRRRoooropphhh mormooth roooo.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by