Good morning all and thank you for your condolences. I had a feeling that wasn’t going to be a great experience when I tossed 11 eggs after a week. It made me sad and kinda angry but it is what it is.
Ducklings should be here sometime this week, just waiting for shipping confirmation.

Really looking forward to seeing your upcoming ducklings IM!

Good morning all and thank you for your condolences. I had a feeling that wasn’t going to be a great experience when I tossed 11 eggs after a week. It made me sad and kinda angry but it is what it is.
Ducklings should be here sometime this week, just waiting for shipping confirmation.
Good morning IM! I'm glad that you have the ducklings to look forward to...I know I am and they aren't even mine! Have a good day! 😊

I’m looking forward to the ducklings too! Today we are prepping the coop. I put the heat plate in there and got the waterer and feeder set up. Igor is measuring and cutting panels for the front and I’m going to have to get them painted after work one day. We will fully cover the door and just the bottom half of the rest to start and see how that works out. I moved the trash cans I use to store feed into the mini coop and each has a 50# bag of duck feed in it. I went to TSC today and bought a second bag of feed, another package of pine shavings and a bag of pine pellets. Our governor is possibly going to issue another stay at home order from now until xmas so I hope to stay away from TSC during that time. Unfortunately they were out of Timothy hay for the buns so we’ll have to order that from Chewy. Speaking of Chewy, they carry Mazuri geese and duck food and the pellets float. I’m going to add that to the ducks diet once they’re six months old cuz pigeons . I’m hoping that tossing limited amounts of scratch around the yard for them to find randomly will also help keep the pigeons at bay. Probably have to do that in the dark but that’s ok.
My phone died so can’t get more pics but here’s the coop so far
D012F884-CD55-4824-B5E3-A7E08713A333.jpeg
785E415A-3A16-4106-B221-E5A7D75F066F.jpeg
E30BD232-FC22-4AB8-8FED-2412A346955F.jpeg

also, Igor made a screen for the bunny litter box. It’ll keep the the poop separate from the wet pine pellets so I can use it in the garden. I think I need to cover with a bit of hay, they don’t like the wire it seems.
46D68DBD-F244-49A2-A5B4-787D5B7459AE.jpeg

I’m looking forward to the ducklings too! Today we are prepping the coop. I put the heat plate in there and got the waterer and feeder set up. Igor is measuring and cutting panels for the front and I’m going to have to get them painted after work one day. We will fully cover the door and just the bottom half of the rest to start and see how that works out. I moved the trash cans I use to store feed into the mini coop and each has a 50# bag of duck feed in it. I went to TSC today and bought a second bag of feed, another package of pine shavings and a bag of pine pellets. Our governor is possibly going to issue another stay at home order from now until xmas so I hope to stay away from TSC during that time. Unfortunately they were out of Timothy hay for the buns so we’ll have to order that from Chewy. Speaking of Chewy, they carry Mazuri geese and duck food and the pellets float. I’m going to add that to the ducks diet once they’re six months old cuz pigeons . I’m hoping that tossing limited amounts of scratch around the yard for them to find randomly will also help keep the pigeons at bay. Probably have to do that in the dark but that’s ok.
View attachment 2430168View attachment 2430169View attachment 2430171
also, Igor made a screen for the bunny litter box. It’ll keep the the poop separate from the wet pine pellets so I can use it in the garden. I think I need to cover with a bit of hay, they don’t like the wire it seems.
View attachment 2430172

Nice to see the ducky set up IM!

View attachment 2430168View attachment 2430169View attachment 2430171
View attachment 2430172
That looks fantastic IM! It will be such a great space for your ducks!

The bunnies definitely don't like the screen...lol!

Back
Top Bottom