Flock update: Jr is beginning to show interest in a couple of pullets and the cockerel is still not crowing. Jr chases the youngster once in a while but they all generally hang out together during the day and so far are roosting in the big coop together as well.

I ended up with 8 eggs in the incubator. I checked 1 this morning and can see tiny veins. Will wait until Tuesday night to candle all.

Flock update: Jr is beginning to show interest in a couple of pullets and the cockerel is still not crowing. Jr chases the youngster once in a while but they all generally hang out together during the day and so far are roosting in the big coop together as well.

I ended up with 8 eggs in the incubator. I checked 1 this morning and can see tiny veins. Will wait until Tuesday night to candle all.

Good luck with the hatch!

Good luck! You will be candling when I start my lock down.

20200222_065756.jpg

Is it my imagination or do these eggs look pink? I boiled all 13 eggs from the Dorking pullet today.

So, it's some sort of combination of the egg colors of those 2 different breed's.

Edit: Also, remember that he only had the 2 Red Ranger hen's that he was breeding to everything, until one of them died.
The Dorking can lay a lightly tinted egg, white to cream. The Red Ranger a light brown.

Cuckoo's eggs appear creamy white when fresh, the slight pink after boiling.

Back
Top Bottom