Man, it's already warm out there and it's only approaching 1100. I took the bottom half of the walls off the big coop and removed most of the plastic from the mini. The broody came out while I was out there, she drank and I made sure she ate. Poor girl, it's got to be brutal in that box. If we have time today we'll get the screens on the big coop. We're in a major upheaval right now. The loss of Jr, then add a couple of strangers before more members are gone. I've thought about whether I should integrate the chicks into the big coop now. There's enough room for them but should I do that before the new roo comes? Then what about the wee ones under my broody? Lots of decisions to make. Anyway, the heat plate has been off for about 2 weeks so I finally got it out of the mini coop. I've decided to hang on to the broody even after her chicks are grown. She'd come in handy if she decides to brood again next year. Igor is working on Hop Tarts new enclosure. So glad the a/c was checked out, she spends a bit of time laying on the tile already. I bought a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to cover most of the floor in there. I'm going to leave her a 2'x8' strip of tile at one end so she can stretch out. Back to work, I need to go get water and a another kiddie pool for the birds.

@N F C thank you. I've been monitoring him for a while and decided to put him down before summer. I imagine he would have felt the heat more than the others and I didn't want him to suffer. I have 8 babies from him and maybe 3 more on the way. Maybe they'll be super healthy.

20200424_093328.jpg
20200424_115810.jpg
20200424_144754.jpg
20200424_155624.jpg
20200424_175247.jpg

Didn't get the pen quite finished today. Need to build the gate and cut the top 2x4 to install it. Also need to put hwc on the front and a solid piece on the side facing the doggie door. In the morning we'll go to home depot for a piece of wood to put across the bottom on the front.

Back
Top Bottom