It has been about a week since the other chickens left. I've been observing the flock this week and they're coming together nicely. My 3 big girls still spend most of their day together and Angus spreads himself between the Nn girls and Queen Cuckoo. Lucy is still playing the broody bit when he approaches her but he's no longer buying it. I noticed the other day that Angus seems to favoring his right foot and today it's quite noticeable; I'll bring him inside tonight and check him out. I have vetwrap and PRID so if it's bumblefoot I'm prepared. If necessary I'm going to order some tricide neo for him. We're going to lower the roost and take out the the one on the diagonal. Angus is a big boy and the big girls are heavy, if it's not bumblefoot then maybe he hurt himself jumping down from the roost. I candled the eggs today, it's day 7; tossed the 3 that were infertile. The other 3 look good though, I saw tiny chick shadows in them. Hatch date should be 7/24.

Hope Angus' foot will be ok. With my FL flock, I ended up doing the bumble surgery 3 times....no fun.

Hope Angus' foot will be ok. With my FL flock, I ended up doing the bumble surgery 3 times....no fun.
I've read up on it and I know it can take a while to heal. Not looking forward to it and I'm not sure how I'd keep him from wading right now. Maybe I'll put a plastic baggie over his foot before I fill the pools :gig

I've read up on it and I know it can take a while to heal. Not looking forward to it and I'm not sure how I'd keep him from wading right now. Maybe I'll put a plastic baggie over his foot before I fill the pools :gig

Rubber boots? :lol: Actually, if you can fix a baggie over it I would think that could help keep his dressing dry.

Rubber boots? :lol: Actually, if you can fix a baggie over it I would think that could help keep his dressing dry.
I've been thinking about what to try but I think anything I put on there his claws would tear. If it's bumblefoot then I'll have to wet down the mini coop at night and they'll have to just chill in there and scratch for damp soil. These next couple of days are supposed to be the worst of it.

Kitchen is almost done. We're still waiting for the backsplash to come in for the area between the range and hood. I need to go by Michaels and get a blackboard for the door to the laundry room and we still need to order a couple of flat panel LED lights to replace the fixtures in the kitchen and dining areas.
20200706_133449.jpg
20200706_133959.jpg
20200706_154954.jpg
20200706_154959.jpg
20200710_103143_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom