I got the coops sprayed with permethrin and closed off the mini coop; I'll need to replace the sprayer before I do any sanitizing. The fan is blowing into the main coop and the feed bowls will be in afternoon deep shade except in the coolest part of the year. We found a nest of ants in the grass so I flooded them with a gallon of permethrin and the dogs are locked inside for now. It's brutally hot outside, was already 112 at 1300. I'm going to take a cucumber to the birds pretty soon, the pools won't have much shade until later so waiting to add ice. We're going to wire some lattice to the metal frame over the pools and attach 90% shade cloth to it. I'm also updating the swingset frame, adding more shade cloth to one side, removing one piece and replacing another.

The bunnies have been in the pen together and so far they remain unharmed. We've seen Kevin out a bit, he's had food/water and used the second potty box.

Made some meatballs to go with cheese ravioli, salad and garlic bread for dinner.

K, back to work.

I'm back in the house trying to cool back down and get rehydrated. 116-F. and my neighbor that had the house burn down a few years back called and wanted me to go over and check on her 90 year old mom because she didn't answer her phone. She's ok though, and said that her phone didn't ring. :rolleyes:
I would have worried too, it was good of you to check on her.

This was half an hour ago
Screenshots_2020-07-12-16-22-23_(1).png

Chickens looking over the cukes they demolished earlier
20200712_155647.jpg

Clean pools of chilled water
20200712_155657.jpg

Cleaned up area under the tree
20200712_155704_HDR.jpg

Temp inside the coop. I'm going to put up the mister for a while. It's too hot!
20200712_155750.jpg

I would have worried too, it was good of you to check on her.

I seem to be the one they call on when they need something. At least the last time it was cooler out.

Starting tomorrow I'm taking care of the other next door neighbor's animals. He's working all week helping to build the wall on the boarder, and she went to Fla. for 3 week's.

I seem to be the one they call on when they need something. At least the last time it was cooler out.

Starting tomorrow I'm taking care of the other next door neighbor's animals. He's working all week helping to build the wall on the boarder, and she went to Fla. for 3 week's.
Wow, nice of you to help them out so much! I just have my own plus the tribe here to deal with thankfully.

Wow, nice of you to help them out so much! I just have my own plus the tribe here to deal with thankfully.

I'll just keep drinking the cold Arrowhead water in my bottles to help keep me hydrated in this heat going back and forth, and enjoy the air-conditioner between trip's. You know how big these yard's are around here. ;)

I'll just keep drinking the cold Arrowhead water in my bottles to help keep me hydrated in this heat going back and forth, and enjoy the air-conditioner between trip's. You know how big these yard's are around here. ;)
Hey are pretty big. Good idea to keep your water in the fridge!

I just did my first bumblefoot surgery. I'll be ordering a biopsy punch and a scalpel. I'm using an antibiotic gel called Silvex that is supposed to kill all kinds of bad stuff including staph. I also got hibiclense to wash his foot with. He has a core in his central pad and maybe a wee bit just starting on his middle toe. I couldn't get all of it out with the tools I have so I'm off to order the things. He's got some vet wrap and a gauze pad on his foot for now.

I just did my first bumblefoot surgery. I'll be ordering a biopsy punch and a scalpel. I'm using an antibiotic gel called Silvex that is supposed to kill all kinds of bad stuff including staph. I also got hibiclense to wash his foot with. He has a core in his central pad and maybe a wee bit just starting on his middle toe. I couldn't get all of it out with the tools I have so I'm off to order the things. He's got some vet wrap and a gauze pad on his foot for now.

Ouch! I wonder how he got it?

Back
Top Bottom