Ouch! I wonder how he got it?
Despite my efforts there are many little sharp stones and other things around he could have cut himself on.They poop in the pools and stand in them, not exactly sanitary and I clean them twice a day.

Fortunately amazon has disposable scalpels and biopsy punch tools so they'll be here Tuesday. No wading for anyone for a while.

Despite my efforts there are many little sharp stones and other things around he could have cut himself on.They poop in the pools and stand in them, not exactly sanitary and I clean them twice a day.

Fortunately amazon has disposable scalpels and biopsy punch tools so they'll be here Tuesday. No wading for anyone for a while.

You still going to wet the ground with the hose? I've added more drinking water places. They are really going through the water now in these high temp's. The hen's were low on the egg's today, but I don't blame them with this kind of heat.

You still going to wet the ground with the hose? I've added more drinking water places. They are really going through the water now in these high temp's. The hen's were low on the egg's today, but I don't blame them with this kind of heat.
I'm going to try not to. I think I'll try the mister into the big coop, it doesn't soak the ground but it does get damp.

I read reviews on those booties, it specifically says not to use in extreme heat when your chickens wade. Oh well, it's not hard to wrap his foot really. He was such a good boy.

I'm keeping an eye on one egg in particular because the air cell is saddled so I candled the eggs today. Still have 3 little babies, they all reacted to the light. It seems no matter how often I hatch I still feel a sense of awe when I candle an egg.

I'm keeping an eye on one egg in particular because the air cell is saddled so I candled the eggs today. Still have 3 little babies, they all reacted to the light. It seems no matter how often I hatch I still feel a sense of awe when I candle an egg.

I know what you mean. I like when they move because then you know that they are alive.

IM, sounds like you all had a wonderful birthday dinner for your DD! Glad to hear the eggs are still doing well. Can't wait to see the buns in that castle!

BlueBaby, you're the kind of neighbor I've always wanted. Want to move to Wyoming? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom