I think they’re related
D33C0917-92D0-4F73-B082-06CE6B2C041C.jpeg

I just spent some time with the flock when I fed them this afternoon. I cleaned up the big coop a bit and found that the new girls are laying in the nest boxes. It’s good to have a basket full of eggs again! The rooster was eating near me and one of the new girls came over and tried to run him off so I waved my foot at her. He laughed when she squawked and ran away. Literally. Hubs is still calling the him Spicoli, cracks me up. It might stick, but Bigfoot fits as well, that dood has HUGE feet! If he grows into them I’m in trouble. I think I’ll be hearing crows soon and that he’ll have a deep crow rather than a high pitched one. His voice reminds me a lot of Kazoo. Big Blue seems to be lukewarm about him right now. Cuckoo seems to be calming down since she doesn’t have the wee chicks to deal with. She has the AC chicks out foraging every morning out by the compost pile. Tonight I’m going to start integrating on the roost. Cuckoo and the chicks can roost near Big Blue and Joan Crawford and the new girls will go at the opposite end of the roost. I’m now convinced the one AC is a pullet even though her comb is larger than I would expect. The body shape is right and I’m able to see differences between her and her brother. They’re still a little bit wild but I expect that for a while yet. Tomorrow will be a major cleaning day out there, then I’ll close off the mini coop until everyone learns to roost together.

I just spent some time with the flock when I fed them this afternoon. I cleaned up the big coop a bit and found that the new girls are laying in the nest boxes. It’s good to have a basket full of eggs again! The rooster was eating near me and one of the new girls came over and tried to run him off so I waved my foot at her. He laughed when she squawked and ran away. Literally. Hubs is still calling the him Spicoli, cracks me up. It might stick, but Bigfoot fits as well, that dood has HUGE feet! If he grows into them I’m in trouble. I think I’ll be hearing crows soon and that he’ll have a deep crow rather than a high pitched one. His voice reminds me a lot of Kazoo. Big Blue seems to be lukewarm about him right now. Cuckoo seems to be calming down since she doesn’t have the wee chicks to deal with. She has the AC chicks out foraging every morning out by the compost pile. Tonight I’m going to start integrating on the roost. Cuckoo and the chicks can roost near Big Blue and Joan Crawford and the new girls will go at the opposite end of the roost. I’m now convinced the one AC is a pullet even though her comb is larger than I would expect. The body shape is right and I’m able to see differences between her and her brother. They’re still a little bit wild but I expect that for a while yet. Tomorrow will be a major cleaning day out there, then I’ll close off the mini coop until everyone learns to roost together.

Sound's like a good plan. Now you see why I named that boy Bigfoot.

Back
Top Bottom