I took guitar lessons for 2 years when I was a young teen around 13-14. Still can't play it, but my instructor was a cute high school kid named Chuck and we had a crush on each other. Now that I'm older, I feel a tiny bit guilty for dad paying for lessons all that time (which consisted of Chuck playing songs for me). View attachment 2656694
Awe, that’s sweet though! Did you and Chuck ever date?

This is the purple lantana. I need to put the little fence around this bed and add some straw for mulch. I don’t want the ducks in here for a while. In the second pic the flowers ahrub on the left of the lantana blooms yellow and the one on the right blooms orangish red. The walkway around the shade garden gets shade in the late afternoon so I put a pool there. We’ll see if they use it. I’m betting they will.
View attachment 2645870View attachment 2645871
I love Lantana and I love where you placed it!
Your garden is so different than ours, I'm amazed that you can grow veggies with the heat you guys get! I hope your garlic improves!
Your ducks are so cute! The flowers are beautiful. I need to buy some, but I just don't have time to plant them...well, if I had some right now I could get it done, but I don't, so that means I just get to hang out with my friends here on BYC! :lol:

I love Lantana and I love where you placed it!

Your garden is so different than ours, I'm amazed that you can grow veggies with the heat you guys get! I hope your garlic improves!

Your ducks are so cute! The flowers are beautiful. I need to buy some, but I just don't have time to plant them...well, if I had some right now I could get it done, but I don't, so that means I just get to hang out with my friends here on BYC! :lol:
Thank you Rene. Those were put in just before dark when I remembered them after I put the ducks to bed one night. In a hurry!
Veggies can grow here, just not in summer and it’s not summer yet :gig It’s only reached 100 on a day or two so far!

Garden snaps from this morning. Xeriscape area:
TX sage has recovered from transplant and duck munchies
View attachment 2656577View attachment 2656578
Rosemary
View attachment 2656583
Aloe, they didn’t like duck water much and look better with plain old tap water
View attachment 2656584
Some day this will be a tree. It turns dark purple in winter and green in warm temps. Can’t remember what it’s called but I think it’s from Australia
View attachment 2656586
Red Mexican bird of paradise. These are typically bushy but this one grew straight. I didn’t top it at the beginning of Spring and now it’s getting bushy at the bottom. Will top it next Spring
View attachment 2656589
I think this is a potato bush. The chickens loved it, the ducks don’t so I don’t have to keep it in a cage
View attachment 2656593
One of the lantana I added last weekend. This is a trailing variety and will spread up to six feet
View attachment 2656602
These are pretty self explanatory
View attachment 2656605View attachment 2656605View attachment 2656606View attachment 2656608
Yellow Mexican bird of paradise. The ducks enjoy this quite a bit. Fortunately it is tall enough already that it’ll survive their love
View attachment 2656609
Great pictures IM! 💗 It's interesting about the chickens and ducks liking different plants!

Back
Top Bottom