Zippy girl
C9922A09-5BCD-42CD-BFBF-447CBABB4833.jpeg

This morning I pulled the tomatoes, squash and luffah. The tomato plants were still quite small, although loaded with flowers and fruit. The fruit was very small though and not worth the effort, pea sized cherry tomatoes and cherry sized sauce tomatoes. The lunch just never took off great and was struggling in the heat and squash bugs attacked the squash with a vengeance. The plants were wilting with the heat as well so I’m done. There is still a jalapeño plant, a watermelon and the Armenian cukes plus the carrots. I gave the squash to the ducks and the tomatoes went to the compost pile. I found lemons on the tree this morning :yesss: So far both lantana are still alive and the weeding job in the shade garden helped the herbs. The chives, oregano and thyme are all in bloom and it smells wonderful in there! The ducks have two clean pools and I’ve decided I don’t care a lot for the gravity feeder with them. They are just too sloppy with the water and I’m worried about mold with the heat so a wide container is better is better I think. I put a lid on it so the pigeons can’t help themselves and go out on my Beltran and take it off so the flock can eat and again after work. It keeps the pigeons away anyway. I’m headed out now to water the oleanders and Mexican birds of paradise out front, then making the grocery list and doing the shopping since hubs is working today. I hate that chore, you’d think I’d enjoy doing it since I work @ home and don’t get out, but no, I hate to do it.

This morning I pulled the tomatoes, squash and luffah. The tomato plants were still quite small, although loaded with flowers and fruit. The fruit was very small though and not worth the effort, pea sized cherry tomatoes and cherry sized sauce tomatoes. The lunch just never took off great and was struggling in the heat and squash bugs attacked the squash with a vengeance. The plants were wilting with the heat as well so I’m done. There is still a jalapeño plant, a watermelon and the Armenian cukes plus the carrots. I gave the squash to the ducks and the tomatoes went to the compost pile. I found lemons on the tree this morning :yesss: So far both lantana are still alive and the weeding job in the shade garden helped the herbs. The chives, oregano and thyme are all in bloom and it smells wonderful in there! The ducks have two clean pools and I’ve decided I don’t care a lot for the gravity feeder with them. They are just too sloppy with the water and I’m worried about mold with the heat so a wide container is better is better I think. I put a lid on it so the pigeons can’t help themselves and go out on my Beltran and take it off so the flock can eat and again after work. It keeps the pigeons away anyway. I’m headed out now to water the oleanders and Mexican birds of paradise out front, then making the grocery list and doing the shopping since hubs is working today. I hate that chore, you’d think I’d enjoy doing it since I work @ home and don’t get out, but no, I hate to do it.

You've been a busy girl this morning! Too bad about the vegetable plants, gardening must be really difficult with your heat. Did you grow lemons last year? I can't remember, but how nice to have fresh ones right in your own backyard!

And I hear you on the grocery shopping :sick

You've been a busy girl this morning! Too bad about the vegetable plants, gardening must be really difficult with your heat. Did you grow lemons last year? I can't remember, but how nice to have fresh ones right in your own backyard!

And I hear you on the grocery shopping :sick
I rushed the garden this year so I didn’t really expect a great result. I’m going to spread some gypsum in there, then clean out the quack shack and spread the litter in there. Top that with bunny litter all summer and then soil and it should do better next year. Last year our lemon harvest wasn’t great but I didn’t get it fertilized when I should so that was my fault. It’s doing better this year.

I rushed the garden this year so I didn’t really expect a great result. I’m going to spread some gypsum in there, then clean out the quack shack and spread the litter in there. Top that with bunny litter all summer and then soil and it should do better next year. Last year our lemon harvest wasn’t great but I didn’t get it fertilized when I should so that was my fault. It’s doing better this year.

The heat got your garden and the cold got mine. I need to get out to pick up a couple more tomato plants and another bell pepper.

We had a Meyer lemon tree when we lived in FL, those were delicious. Glad your tree is doing better this year!

Back
Top Bottom