Full Moon

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by enola, Mar 15, 2009.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Last night I was reading threads and came across something interesting. Someone mentioned that they cannot sleep well when there is a full moon. [​IMG] I have had this problem for years [​IMG]

My family thinks I am nuts, my boyfriend thinks I am a vampire, my boss thinks I am lying, my friends just think it is hilarious.

Seriously, the day following full moon night, is like I am in some kind of daze from lack of sleep. If there is any time of the month that I am short tempered, it is that day. [​IMG]

I mentioned it to my doctor, he said to take sleeping pills and not worry about it so much ! Well. . . . . sleeping pills do not work at all, I simply cannot sleep. PERIOD !

Does anyone else have this problem ???[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Plan ahead.

Next Full Moon
    April 9
    "Full Pink Moon"

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

OK, I have to ask . . . What the heck is a Pink Moon ?

I am almost afraid to know . . . . .

4. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I can't sleep during a full moon either... only because it's so freakin bright it keeps me up.

5. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:You'll have to ask the Farmer's Almanac Online... that's where I got it.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Its a well know fact of health care/nursing home workers that when there is a full moon, you have a very busy night! lol...i know it sounds crazy..but its true...there IS something to the "full moon" theory...

7. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I usually do more root canals on average for the first two days after a full moon. Go figure.

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Not sure what a "pink" moon is but a "blue" moon is when there are two full moons during a month.. I think the next one is in December. Sounds like no sleep that month for some of you!

Have you tried sleeping pills? I was against them but when I had insomnia bad I did try Lunesta and it worked well... as long as I had 8 hours to sleep, if you dont sleep that long after you take it, you can get groggy. But they definitely helped me sleep.

good luck!

Nancy

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm there with you. I simply cannot sleep when there's a full moon, never have been able to..

So I've come up with a reason... IM PART WEREWOLF!
    HOOOOOOOOOOWL! So like instead of all the cool stuff like turning into a wolf for a night I just... Can't sleep. x.x

lol

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    I have a hard time sleeping during the full moon, too (usually lasts 2-3 days for me). I'm absolutely entranced by it and will sit outside gazing at it, or watch it from my bed. I have to be careful when I'm driving because I become so mesmerized by it I won't pay close attention to where I'm driving. It always makes me smile, and even though I'm sleep deprived, I'm usually in a great mood.
    Liz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by