Why didn't my chicks hatch

• To much humidity

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Not enough ventilation

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Low temps

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
I loose too much weight too fast when I try to go that low.. I seem to have the best luck right around 43% for the first 18 days. It was great to gain the knowledge that unlike temperature, our humidity levels are not an absolute for everyone.
true
and you have altitude issues that I don't have also

I'm new to hatching myself but I'm thinking maybe your humidity overall was too high. @Pyxis has a great article on beginning hatching. When I started weighing my eggs to set my humidity, I went from 25% hatch rate to 69% hatch rate to 76% hatch rate.

Sometimes I do think there is just an inherent issue with the eggs development though and that is what kept it from hatching. I've also noticed that unstable stormy weather has also affected my hatches. I had one this last hatch that I ended up assisting (it had pipped in the middle of the egg instead of near the air sac) and was struggling to zip for more than 24 hours. I assisted as the rest of the babies were due to come out the next morning. It is struggling and today is day 4.. I don't predict that it will make it, unfortunately :(

How many eggs did you set that
didn't end up as clears?
Thank u I set 6 eggs 4 were fertile all 4went into lock down 1 I wasn't sure about but thought I'd give it a chance I agree after doing some research my humidity was to high there are so many conflicting temps and humidity levels

What is the correct temp and humidity levels for hatching pekin bantam eggs I've also learned that bantams can hatch from day 19 so when should I go into lock down it's all very confusing I just want to get all my facts before trying again

What is the correct temp and humidity levels for hatching pekin bantam eggs I've also learned that bantams can hatch from day 19 so when should I go into lock down it's all very confusing I just want to get all my facts before trying again
The majority of my hatches are Silkies, Satins, Silkie/EE mixes. Historically I have have hatching beginning on day 19, babies out on day 20 and then everyone follows suit shortly after that. The only thing that seems to need to change for me concerning temp/humidity/lockdown is the that I'll lockdown at day 17 instead of day 18.

The majority of my hatches are Silkies, Satins, Silkie/EE mixes. Historically I have have hatching beginning on day 19, babies out on day 20 and then everyone follows suit shortly after that. The only thing that seems to need to change for me concerning temp/humidity/lockdown is the that I'll lockdown at day 17 instead of day 18.
Thank you what's the correct humidity for the first 18 days

Thank you what's the correct humidity for the first 18 days
There is not hard fast rule for humidity. What % is good for you may be too high or low for me. My suggestion on humidity is to read over @Pyxis hatching article for tips on setting humidity otherwise you will be doing the trial and error method. There is also an article or thread (I can't remember which) by @Sally Sunshine referenced above that would also be a good read for you.

There is not hard fast rule for humidity. What % is good for you may be too high or low for me. My suggestion on humidity is to read over @Pyxis hatching article for tips on setting humidity otherwise you will be doing the trial and error method. There is also an article or thread (I can't remember which) by @Sally Sunshine referenced above that would also be a good read for you.
Thank you I will.have a read

Very informative thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom