Why didn't my chicks hatch

• To much humidity

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Not enough ventilation

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Low temps

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Hi so today I decided to crack my 4 chicken eggs as they showed no sign of life after 25 days at least 3 were defiantly moving on day 18 sadly I found 3 fully formed chicks that didn't even try to hatch 1 had alot of yolk left the other 2 had a small amount i would like to try again but wondering why this happened I'm devastated this was my first attempt
My favorite (technical) hatching resource has cause of embryo failure according to what day it quit or other symptoms seen starting around page 51 in the following link..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

my temps and humidity were at 99- 100 for temp and 60 -70% humidity for the fist 18 days then 75-80% humidity after lock down
Your humidity was way to high (if statement is accurate with calibration). 40-45% is my sweet spot first 18 days. I go dryer for darker colored eggs.

I have a home made Styrofoam box still air incubator
And your temperature was too low. Temp for still air is 101.5- 102 as measured at the top of the eggs.

All bantams hatched on day 21 here with incubator specs dialed in.. only exception is specific breeders lines whose hatch early even under broody's, but is not common in my experience.

Hope this helps! :fl

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom