Fully Formed chicks not hatching

I used to live in Lampasas, TX for 10 years and I could hatch any eggs that I was given and have at least a 80% hatch rate. Then we moved up here in PA and I can't hatch a darn thing
sad.png

Colie <3 :

Quote:
How is the climate in Lampasas? Dry?

Yup. The climate was pretty dry too except for maybe a week in the spring and the winter. LOL! We were there for 10 years stationed at Fort Hood until my husband finally retired at 20 years and 3 months.
celebrate.gif

What did you have your humidity at when you lived there? LOL similar climate and all
smile.png

Hubby is hitting 16 years in June we are officially going to be on the downslope! Soo ready for him to retire!!

TWO times at Bliss? UGHK! My hubby changed his MOS to stay out of there! Hahaha! Although right now, I would take Bliss over anything OCONUS. Don't think it would be easy to move horses, goats, chickens, and a pig overseas! Good thing we shouldn't have to. Retirement in T-minus 3 years and counting!

Colie <3 :

What did you have your humidity at when you lived there? LOL similar climate and all
smile.png

Hubby is hitting 16 years in June we are officially going to be on the downslope! Soo ready for him to retire!!

I had my humidity at 40 during 1-18 and 65 for hatch. I could hatch all kinds of things in that weather...ducks, guineas, chickens both bantam and large fowl, and turkeys. Nothing seemed to stop me. Now that I'm up here, I can't hatch anything. I've tried my eggs from my chickens, and I've tried shipped duck eggs...nothing. They end up making it to lockdown and being fully formed, then they just die before hatch.

Congrats on hitting the 16! These next 4 years will fly by!​

So are silkies harder to hatch than most others? I tried to hatch last month from my own flock. It was my first so I didn't expect great results...no one hatched. My Grandpa said the eggs got too cold before I collected them after school and that was why mine failed. I am gonna wait and try again in a few weeks. I as able to get 3 babies to hatch in a small 3 egg classroom bator (Rancon brand I think). Anyway, they came from the same hens and hatched out fine. The little incubator does everything tho...controls humidity and has a fan and turners. Almost fail proof. My students were so stoked yesterday. We watched 2 hatch from pip to fuzzy butts! It was very exciting!
54807_new_babies_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom