Fun Omelet Ideas

We eat regular chilli and chesse omletes all the time. I just had a niece tell me she loved it when she stayed at our house years ago for the weekend I guess I made it for the kids then. She said this I have never had an omlete like I had at your house that one time I stayed there.....the chilli and cheese one? I did not remember making it while she was there lol it left an impression on here though. :)

Another one I like is the salad shirmp and cheese.....add what ever veggies you like if you do some dont here. :/

butter
sweet green peppers
4 eggs
monteray jack cheese
pepper jack cheese
mozzarella cheese
Texas Pete Hot Sauce

melt the butter in a pan, fry the green peppers. Turn heat down to low. Scramble the eggs and add to the green peppers. After the eggs have cooked (close to being done), sprinkle the cheeses over the whole top. Place lid on pan until the cheese has melted. After the cheese has melted, fold in half and place on a plate. Add hot sauce to taste. I like mine just about drenched in it.

Midnight snack or tomorrows breakfast.........

taboule and feta with a smear of hummus would make a fabulous omelet and be vegetarian. add a nice drizzle of EVOO if you are feeling decadent.

leftover falafel and hummus would also be good.

my wife loves to have me grill summer squashes and onions, those leftovers would go good in an omelet too with a bit of garlic and hot salsa added.

cheers
jerry

first off, there's nothing "fun" about eating omlettes... such as those who raise their own layers to make the omlette. Not saying the act of making omlettes is hard... it is faster than making mashed taters, beans or rice. (1hr, 2hr, 1hr). But it's just that making an omlette in the morning, for someone who lives in the country, is a way of survival. And after eating an omlette, you feel so energized.

I always loved omlettes growing up, usually it's only cheese then.

Now, I love omlette (3 eggs and I got a perfect pan to make an omelette of 3 or 4 eggs, sometimes an extra small egg helps, and all my chickens are standard sized, non-bantam, but a few make slightly smaller eggs than others, helps) I love the omlette now with:

Tomato sauce... at our store they sell some for $1 and now there are some for .79 cents (picked mushroom of the cheaper, didn't try it yet... but I think brand was Hunts or other generic brand. So yummy. They make great sauce. Full of herbs... But not too much. ;) Plenty of flavor in the tomato.

Then you can add spinage to it, I did it once a while ago, or onion, I got a bag of them now, I used almost a whole one for one 3-egg omelette so far. And it didn't even neat meat or cheese and it tasted good.

Egg yolks are bad if you eat bad food the rest of the day. But if you don't have much food at home, it's okay to eat the yolk. But I don't see how farmers cant eat egg whites, if they have plenty hens ;). I live with my fiance and he dont like me wasting the yolk. Many people are against eating the yolk because that part has all the fat and calories and cholestreol. But in the country, with nothing but beans and taters, you have to eat the yolk with your eggs to meet satisifactory levels of daily calories to live. To get adequate nutrition. And Bantams, a breed/type of chicken I don't have, but want, and hopefully will get soon, make smaller eggs and then you use twice as many eggs to make the same looking omlette, and it should taste the same. I plan on both breeding chickens and eating some of their non-bloody eggs. I even had ducks before, but they ran away to a pond (all females died when they did that and I had 5 males, now one male still swims in their with one of their females, I used my same pan I use for 3 chicken eggs, but used 3 duck eggs and it worked well, tasted richer for it has more of the yolk.)

;)
And then I plan on making a garden and you can put any veggie you want in your omlette. Omeletes dont need meat to taste good. It works best to make an omlette with a fork and scramble it till it looks like cottage cheese then let it finish, but when I make omelettes, I dont recall nothing fun about it, but it was quick with med-high heat. ;) Some eggs I cracked had a little blood in them, a few times I still ate but it tasted funny so I vow I wont do that again, but it's a waste of egg and a life, but I can't candle yet at my home. I'm working on it. ;)

My kids got really into omlettes when they were able to make their own. Once a week or so, we take out a bunch of spices, veggies, salsa, cheese, and leftovers. Everyone grabs a bowl or cup to mix and a couple of eggs and then adds whatever ingredients they want. We have an omlette insert for a George Foreman grill, so we can make several at once, if we are in a hurry. We keep them warm in the oven until all are finished.

simple, simple, simple. this is MY no fail omelette way:
1 ziploc sandwich sized or bigger bag
1 or more eggs
cheese
vegetables as desired

Step 1. Crack egg(s) into ziploc bag. Mix around until the consistency of scrambled eggs.
Step 2. Put in cheese and vegetable toppings if desired, mix around a little bit.
Step 3. Put bag into a pot of boiling water and let sit for around 12-13 minutes.
Step 4. Roll omelette out of bag. Perfecto!

I learned this recipe from my friend's grandparent. It works every time and is really fun to make!

Now i have to try this..

Back
Top Bottom