Funny Faverolles

Hello! Anybody?
Even if you don't have a Faverolle that acts like that,
you can talk to me if you want! ;)
An idea, if you aren't concerned about the breed of your roo. Mine's a bantam X standard cross (guess old english game bantam x easter egger). He's a little bit smaller than my hatchery type hens. Maybe like a 4/5 size comparison, which is still small compared to a standard roo, but plenty big for my standard (hatchery) hens. Something like that might be ideal for what you want. I don't know how often they turn up. I'd been looking for a roo for a while and this one was local and when I talked to the lady the personality she described fit my needs perfectly. IDK. Just a thought. A 3/4 size roo seems ideal

edit:That's him in my avatar, with his one long tail feather. LOL

Thank you for your suggestion!
I have been looking for a medium kinda size...
And it is so hard to find the best ones.

I will keep an eye out for it, thanks again!

(Your rooster is handsome! I love the tail! ;))
-The Angry Hen

Here is a picture of my hen, Agnes!
You can see her dried up beard!
DSCN0017.JPG

Looks like you have some feather pickers!

If you are anywhere near northeast MA I have a small Faverolles male available. He matured too small for me to use, as well as a short back. Otherwise he's not bad.

Surprisingly shes a feather picker! Yeah, her beard dried up, poor thing. The winter water they drink freezes on her beard! lol.

Owh, I wish I was closer to where you live! :( I'm close... But not in MA, sorry!
It sounds like a good deal but my Dad doesn't wanna drive too far. Thanks for asking though! :frow

I hope y'all don't mind if I drop in on here.

I just got a shipment of Faverolle chicks in today and I can tell a MAJOR difference between these little guys and gals and my other chicks.

These are the LOUDEST chicks I've ever seen or heard!

How are yalls Faverolles doing? How are y'all liking them?

I hope y'all don't mind if I drop in on here.

I just got a shipment of Faverolle chicks in today and I can tell a MAJOR difference between these little guys and gals and my other chicks.

These are the LOUDEST chicks I've ever seen or heard!

How are yalls Faverolles doing? How are y'all liking them?

Hello! We don't mind at all, thank you very much for bringing this back to life! That is wonderful that you recieved them. Yes... They are very noisy... But as adults they kinda walk up to you with something to chatter about. (So it's not the annoying type of noisy. lol). I just overall love the breed.

They are doing good, thank you. My one, Charlotte, is broody at the moment and she's been for awhile. They are a very broody breed to me. (Hatchery ones tend to be more broody than breeders). Each of my Faverolle's, since I made this thread, have been broody six times. But I can tell you one thing, they are a strong breed and if you decided to let them hatch. I recon they'd make wonderful mothers.

I really hope you enjoy the little-yellow-fluff-beared creatures and please keep us updated!! :D

-Angry Hen

Thanks for responding with such great info! I love reading people's personal experiences with their birds!

I tried to find the official Faverolle thread but I couldn't find one so I guess they're just not as popular as some of the other breeds.

This is strange to me.

They're the most adorable chicks I've ever seen. Like... it's almost too much adorable-ness! They're also strikingly beautiful adults.

But they ARE different! I couldn't get over how different they are from my other chicks. They have so much chick down! It's very thick and plush!! They are also playing in their water almost like ducklings! I've never seen chicks do this!

I got 3 roosters and 6 hens, well... cockerels and pullets at this point.

How are they as far as health? I've read some places that they can be delicate so I was worried about that.

Also, do any of you have any experience with them in the heat? I am a little concerned about that.

I usually let my broodies hatch biddies out, so I'll probably let them get it out of their systems. Hopefully they won't all go broody all the time!

Thanks again for letting me join in!

Hello! We don't mind at all, thank you very much for bringing this back to life! That is wonderful that you recieved them. Yes... They are very noisy... But as adults they kinda walk up to you with something to chatter about. (So it's not the annoying type of noisy. lol). I just overall love the breed.

They are doing good, thank you. My one, Charlotte, is broody at the moment and she's been for awhile. They are a very broody breed to me. (Hatchery ones tend to be more broody than breeders). Each of my Faverolle's, since I made this thread, have been broody six times. But I can tell you one thing, they are a strong breed and if you decided to let them hatch. I recon they'd make wonderful mothers.

I really hope you enjoy the little-yellow-fluff-beared creatures and please keep us updated!! :D

-Angry Hen

Back
Top Bottom