funny little girls

cottagechick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
I have 2-7 month olds and 5 - 3 month olds. Tonight the 3 month olds decided to roost instead of huddling on the floor. There is plenty of actual space for all of them. The five of them were all up on the roost - which is actually a flat shelf. Everything was fine. Then the older girls came in. They jumped on their roost and they all started cackling at each other. Then they started slowly scooching over until one by one they knocked all of the other girls off of the end. The one on the end would plop to the ground and then scooch, scooch, schooch...the next one would plop to the ground. A couple of the younger ones tried to get back up but kept getting knocked down. Finally there were just the two on this whole big space all by themselves...
lau.gif
I guess that I need to add more roosts...
idunno.gif

I just went out and checked. Two older girls are on the end of the roost by themselves. Two of the girls are in one nest box. Two of the girls are on the ground under the nest box and one little girl is by herself in a nest box.

Mine used to do that so I went into the hen house at roost time and made them get along. It took awhile but eventually they all roost together.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom