Funny looking eggs...wierd habbits

BethMillican

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
I need some help, with my girls. One of them is laying what looks like calcium balls with tails attached. Three this week so far. They are either just hard white blobs with tails or eggs with no shells.. I would get rid of her but I dont know what one it is doing it. What is wrong with her and should I be worried?
my other problem is that even tho I have several nest.. they all want to use the same bloody nest and if I dont go out there every hour and remove some of the previous ones they break and eat some of the ones already in there. Twenty eggs in one box.. I spend my entire day going back and forth trying to at least get half of them unbroken... I have life outside of raising my girls but if this habbit cant be corrected I will have to get rid of them...

My chickens laid s few ugly eggs when they first started out. They had plenty of crushed oyster shells and were on layer feed. They took few weeks to get sorted out.

Often chickens will use the same nest box. Might try a larger box with more bedding material. Some one here designed a roll away box that allowed the egg to roll down to a separate area where the chickens could not get to them.

Maybe a picture of the "calcium ball with tail's" would help.
But for the nesting box problem, have tried putting an egg in the other nesting box? I saw it suggested on here and it worked for mine, who are just starting to Lay. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom