Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens

Pics
I remember one time the girls found a whole nest of baby mice.... But sadly for them, that was before I knew how gross chicken's food choices could be. XD

Well, I can say I saved a baby chick from a dinosaur today. I have a model dinosaur skull on the back yard as a decoration. It ate a chick. :lau

The chick somehow trapped itself inside the dino skull and I had to pull it out, mama hen was trying but wasn't strong enough to pull the chick out herself with it pushing itself in the skull deeper in a panic, and she ended up flipping the skull upside down making it even harder for the poor baby. The chick is fine, just was a little shaken up over the experience.

I heard the chick shrieking and the hen making panicked clucks, ran out thinking a cat got on the yard or something, and saw the scene. I chuckled, and pulled the chick out and gave it a quick look over before returning it to it's mum and siblings.

Well, I can say I saved a baby chick from a dinosaur today. I have a model dinosaur skull on the back yard as a decoration. It ate a chick. :lau

The chick somehow trapped itself inside the dino skull and I had to pull it out, mama hen was trying but wasn't strong enough to pull the chick out herself with it pushing itself in the skull deeper in a panic, and she ended up flipping the skull upside down making it even harder for the poor baby. The chick is fine, just was a little shaken up over the experience.

I heard the chick shrieking and the hen making panicked clucks, ran out thinking a cat got on the yard or something, and saw the scene. I chuckled, and pulled the chick out and gave it a quick look over before returning it to it's mum and siblings.

XDXDXD LOL! Chickens can get stuck in the randomest places. :lol:

Here is another poem that i wrote for Frosty the light brahma:
Frosty the Brahma (RIP July 28, 2016)
Frosty the brahma
Was a weightless teeny-peep.
With her beetle brow
and her fluffy feets,
She is very, very sweet!

Frosty the Brahma
Is from a hatchery.
But her peoples would
love her the same,
If she was show quality.

There must have been some
Magic in that egg her Mama laid.
For when my weightless Frosty Hatched
Was the loudest sound of all - CRACK!

Frosty the brahma
Was a weightless teeny-peep.
With her beetle brow
and her fluffy feets,
She is very, very sweet!

Frosty the Brahma
Is from a hatchery.
But her peoples would
love her the same,
If she was show quality.
~ To Frosty Brahma,
my weightless fatty.

Oh my goodness..... Reading this again after so long..... I almost cried. :hit I MISS YA WEIGHTLESS! :(

Oh, I didn't kill that thing. XD Wish I had! :lau

There's a LOOOOONG story behind that, isn't there, @HeavensHens88? >=]

@AuntJamie
This pretty much explains all the crazy avatars I currently have, have had, and probably will have. :lol:
1s5jsi.jpg

XDXDXD LOL! Chickens can get stuck in the randomest places. :lol:
It makes me wonder how these things survive in the wild. They always seem to get themselves into trouble. :p

I had a Silkie chick running around with a massive slug in it's beak, believing it could eat it, so I grabbed the chick... The chick knew what was going on and shrieked and flapped it's wings in protest while keeping a firm grip on the slug.

I sat down with it in my hand and tried to pull the slug out of it's beak and it sat there in my hand glaring death into my soul with it's wings out, holding onto the slug for it's dear little life. I eventually managed to get the slug out of it's beak and the chick acted all sweet and adorable, snuggling up to me until it realized that no, I was not giving it the slug back, in which it hopped off my leg to forage again. :lau These birds...

It makes me wonder how these things survive in the wild. They always seem to get themselves into trouble. :p

I had a Silkie chick running around with a massive slug in it's beak, believing it could eat it, so I grabbed the chick... The chick knew what was going on and shrieked and flapped it's wings in protest while keeping a firm grip on the slug.

I sat down with it in my hand and tried to pull the slug out of it's beak and it sat there in my hand glaring death into my soul with it's wings out, holding onto the slug for it's dear little life. I eventually managed to get the slug out of it's beak and the chick acted all sweet and adorable, snuggling up to me until it realized that no, I was not giving it the slug back, in which it hopped off my leg to forage again. :lau These birds...

I know right! :lau

XDXD That's so funny.... I had a cinnamon queen try to eat a piece of foam that was a long as she was once..... Fortunately she was easily cornered. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom