Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens

I have a flock of four hens and one rooster, two Easter Eggers (Freya and Eyown), two Amarucanas (Rosie and Pulitzer), and one black cooper marans rooster (Rooster). Well the pecking order is all messed up right now because baby roo is working his way to the top. Pulitzer is on top, Freya is next and then Eyo, and all the way on the bottom only above the rooster is little Rosie the Amarucana (who is also the roos adopted mother and used to be on top). Well Rosie has gotten into a habit of stalking her sisters and running in to steal their food when they aren't watching, this is my favorite picture in the whole world. She's stalking them in the tall grass, waiting for her chance to pounce.
IMG_20171126_111201.jpg

I've heard of Dom hens crowing and alerting to danger. This caught me by surprise. And I did do a double take, BYBob. Lol

They are endlessly entertaining and I feel like I see something new all the time but I have never seen this one, lol

Feels like forever since I've checked this thread. :th :lol:

20171124_102435.jpg
This egg... Was SO. FREAKING. WEIRD O_O

Wow, that is an odd one. Id take anything right now. Everyone is on strike.

All my friends said it looks like a dumpling. :lau

Same here. We've got 30 chickens and we're getting 6 eggs a day :barnie

mine are still laying. I have six leghorns, and get 4 to 5 eggs a day currently. We get more during the summer. The bantams and guineas stopped, though.

My house near the forest. Once I look, the chickens are very noisy, jumping, screaming. came closer and saw the ricture: two chickens trying to split the snake in half. I came to them, get away from the snake. It was little viper.
But this snake bitten one chicken ... and it was a little sick ... but after a couple of days everything was fine.
I never thought that the chickens would try to eat a snake!

My house near the forest. Once I look, the chickens are very noisy, jumping, screaming. came closer and saw the ricture: two chickens trying to split the snake in half. I came to them, get away from the snake. It was little viper.
But this snake bitten one chicken ... and it was a little sick ... but after a couple of days everything was fine.
I never thought that the chickens would try to eat a snake!

If they weren't playing tug-of-war with it, the one who had it would have slurped it down like a noodle!

Back
Top Bottom