1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny short TRUE story

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FortWorthChicks, Jan 8, 2010.

1. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So it was a bitter and icy day. Vicky had to go to work and there was an inch of ice on her windshield.

Daniel watched from across the street as she picked up a rock and started chipping away at the ice on her windshield!!

Daniel was around 14 and so he went to help... "Vicky, what are you doing?" he askes.

She says that she is getting the ice off her windshield!

Daniel quickly suggests for her to pour some cold water on it to melt the ice.

Vicky quickly replys "No I heard pouring water on it will make it break" while holding the rock she has been chipping away with .

She is not the sharpest tool in the shed but is an interesting neighbor to say the least!!! and notice he said cold water not hot which could cause it to crack because of the quick temp change lol. Vicky is so funny.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG]

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    so...err...how'd you break you're car window again?!? asks the insurance agent on the other end of the phone! [​IMG]

up here we use 'ice' scrapers. though my dh just told me about a friend down in TX that didn't have one and ended up using one of his credit cards!

4. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Oh how I love the dull colored crayons [​IMG]

5. FortWorthChicks

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    And the way she scoffed at Daniels bright idea ... lol silly lady! she is always up to something.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That is so funny, she reminds me of my sister in law,,, she used a shovel to whack ice on her windshield right after she and my brother got married.

7. FortWorthChicks

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Poor poor vicky..... one time she came over looking for help with her lawn mower. apparently it quit working. Becky added some gas for her [​IMG]

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Oh dear..... ROFL.....

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

oh my!

See the weather man kinda hinted that there might be snow and ice so I I bought an extra can of de-icer ahead of time (and didn't need it YET, but you know, always be prepared)

Alternately in the past I have put an old dog-blanket over my windshield and held it in place with a brick on top of the truck....remove blanket and there's no snow or ice underneath! Some people use cardboard or even towels for the same trick.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When I lived in Milwaukee if you had to park on the street in the winter, you had to know which side of the street you could park on, on which day. (So the snow plows could get through)

MWF you could park on the West and North sides of streets, T,Th,S... East and South sides of the street.

So one day my landlord says to his wife... everyday you change the car from one side of the road to the other... why don't you just keep it in the garage....

I had no idea there was even space in there for it. Sure enough there was...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by