Funny story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rcentner, Jul 3, 2010.

1. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    My friend bill comes over the other day and tells me this:

He was driving toward the farm and saw a bicyclist riding on the road. Just before he gets to the house, he notices a dead chicken in the road and figures "oh well, another one got hit by a car" (they have hundreds of chickens and they are not very attached to any one of them). He picks the dead chicken up, feathers all over the road and puts it aside to dispose of later. The bicyclist rides up and tells bill that he hit the chicken, on his bicycle! Offers to pay money, but bill declines and says stuff happens, no big deal. The bicyclist then put $20 in the mailbox for them anyway, bill found that later. So bill goes to dispose of the chicken and it's up and walking around like nothing happened! Bill said he was sure it was dead, feathers everywhere and not the slightest movement when he picked it up. This chicken lives on! I just had to share cause I thought it was a pretty wacky story.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Ok that is too funny .... I have had a quail that i swore was dead that when I turned around from taking it out of the cage proceded to fly away... LOL

3. angelique_redhead

angelique_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    It's nice to see some people are responsible for their actions even if the chicken turned out to only be stunned. Good on them! [​IMG]: Angelique

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good kharma never harms anyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by