FunnyBunnies Thread: Last Batch Due This Weekend

Even at the narrow part of the egg where the airsac isn't is looking discolored like the airsac area and beginning to look that way through out. But hey, 7 out of 8 is terrific in my opinion and all completely perfect in shape!

And here are the two that were born last Friday the 15th/early Saturday morning the 16th, growing like weeds!! So far, my oldest son's duckling is the only one that is looking like a Rouen(Momma).
66568_img00715-20101026-1504.jpg

OMG
big_smile.png
They are just so cute. They dont stay babies for long tho do they, before you know it you will be kicking them outside with a big grin on your face. I loved having the babies but at 2 weeks I could smell them down the hall way and I was changing them out every 2 to 3 hours, I couldnt get them moved outside coz I didnt have their pen finished, By week 3 it was done and I pulled the tote across the yard, settled them in to their new surrounding and went back to the house to clean out the spare room they had accupied. Maybe next year I will hatch out some babies and do it all again with another lot of stinky, messy ducklings
lol.png

Well, 7 out of 8 babies made it out alive and healthy, I ended up taking the last egg out to pip it, but found that there was no life in it. Opened it, didn't see anything abnormal or any deformities. It did try to externally pip, but the membrane around it's head wasn't there, but it just didn't make it to breaking open the shell, it zipped the membrane but not the shell. My last batch is now done and now to share with you all the growing process. I will take pictures of these cuties as soon as they are dried off.

Back
Top Bottom