FunnyBunnies Thread: Last Batch Due This Weekend

That's cool. Did you say your husband is taking the duck back to Afghanistan? How does that work? Sorry if I'm being too nosy, I was just curious as to what happens when he gets it there in terms of housing, etc.

yuckyuck.gif

He is taking the video with him.

I'm glad the hatch is going along so nicely. It's odd that so many had the same defects, but that was early in her laying cycle. You didn't start the vitamin supplement until later, and I guess the mother duck got her levels up first before she send it down with her eggs. I'm very happy for you.

So my theory could have been right earlier when I mentioned the vitamin suppliment. So hopefully it isn't momma. But we are having an interesting weather day, several tornado warnings, I went storm chasing earlier. LOL!! After this system passes, we are really info high probablity of power outage, they are calling for winds high as Hurricane Cat. 2 winds. Something Michigan never hardly sees. So, fill the tub up, got blankets next to the HB to cover it, and hope that these babies will hatch. I am pretty certain I lost 1, because there is no rocking, no pipping and where there would be a pip, the entire ring is getting really dark. So, once all of these babies hatch and dry and there is no pip, I think I will candle the last one for any movement or cooling to the touch, and if there is any sign of life, pip it then and wait and see. All 4 babies are getting the other 3 eggs going, but nothing to the 1 that isn't showing anything hopeful.

Quote:
LOL, talk about mis-reading things.
th.gif

I used to live in Michigan, so I know weather can get extremely bad! Hopefully, the power won't go out at least until all of them are hatched and dry. I heard about the extremely high winds going on in Chicago this morning; it's heading your way.

Last edited:
Here are all 5 huddled together, waiting on 3, however if you look at the egg in the very back of the 3 not hatched yet, it is not pipped, it has not rocked, chirped, and you can make out the dark line around the airsac, I think that one may have been the one I saw mispositioned. Once these 2 hatch that are on their way to zipping I'm taking out the discolored egg and piping it to see if there is any movement, but candle it 1st and see if it cools in my hand, if it does quickly then I know it is gone.

#2 does not look good. It looks bloody along the zip line. It probably drowned or ran out of air.

BTW we can see the image in the message if you click on the Img button above first and then put your image link in in between the ][ brackets.
I hope it will show below to give an idea.

66568_img00712-20101026-1439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom