Fury of the Wind II (A Bird RP)

A young crow, Magnolia, huddled beneath the wings of her larger crow companion, Pinto, staring through the bars of the bird cage. Light penetrated the windows and door of the barn where she was kept, but the rusty bird cage was far from it, seemingly cast-away and forgotten in the gloom on some high shelf of the rotting barn. The darkness withered all the shine in Magnolia’s feathers. It was just the right atmosphere to nurse the despair that had settled on her heart.
Ravens whispered in the rafters. The raven that had gotten her into this mess, the one who she wasn’t sure whether to consider kind or cruel, brought her water once. After that, she was driven away, told she shouldn’t show so much concern for the prisoners, after all, this was “Resistance Business.” They did bring food and water to the prisoners, but a day had passed since her capture, with no sign of the crows.
How long will they be keeping me here? I want to go home.

His Highness, the Most Handsomest, Beloved by all, Sir Neet relished in the fact that he existed. What a marvelous thing to bless the Earth with: himself! Oh, sure, he had some.. a little bit.. a dash of bad luck lately, but that was just the universe helping him prove that he was tougher than even he had anticipated! Even now, out in the wilds (no humans in sight; not that he was looking), he was in complete control of his surroundings! Indeed, he was an explorer, a conquer—

Neet Neet froze, his pupils shrinking to pinpricks of black amid the sea of his sharp yellow eyes.
“Hey there, beautiful,” he cooed, puffing up his crop to give the notes of his song a rich reverberating baritone. He paced back and forth, spreading his tail across the ground, gaze locked with the fiery red pigeon behind the glass. No matter what elaborate dance move he concocted, his alluring twin copied him perfectly.

“You have some moves, baby.” Neet Neet cooed admirably, unaware at the moment that the striking pigeon he was speaking to was just his reflection.
“That’s your reflection,” a cold voice said flatly. It was Moonlight. The razor-taloned black-and-white pigeon was too bitter to betray any amusement. She used to have a sense of humor, but she had lost it somewhere along the way. Her brows were set low over her pearly eyes. (I’ve decided to make them pearl because when they were orange she was a very different and very terrible character.) It had been a fraught couple of days. She had spent her time reporting to that softy, Cement, and in her free-time, tip-toeing between gang territories, and hoping beyond hope that General One-Toe was alive, and scheming about what to do if she was. She was, of course, alive, but Moonlight didn’t know that. She had fled the last battle when she saw Sulliver gain control. It was a cowardly act, something her sense of honor couldn’t handle.
Another thing she wouldn’t be able to handle, if she had known it, was the betrayal of Blizzard. She had put in a good word for him, the very best, but he hadn’t received the protection promised. This was due to the interference of a certain white-flighted lieutenant, who promised to keep the gang violence in line but clearly didn’t. Moonlight, of course, didn’t know any of this.
Instead, she stared scornfully at the egoistical red pigeon.

“That’s your reflection,” a cold voice said flatly. It was Moonlight. The razor-taloned black-and-white pigeon was too bitter to betray any amusement. She used to have a sense of humor, but she had lost it somewhere along the way. Her brows were set low over her pearly eyes. (I’ve decided to make them pearl because when they were orange she was a very different and very terrible character.) It had been a fraught couple of days. She had spent her time reporting to that softy, Cement, and in her free-time, tip-toeing between gang territories, and hoping beyond hope that General One-Toe was alive, and scheming about what to do if she was. She was, of course, alive, but Moonlight didn’t know that. She had fled the last battle when she saw Sulliver gain control. It was a cowardly act, something her sense of honor couldn’t handle.
Another thing she wouldn’t be able to handle, if she had known it, was the betrayal of Blizzard. She had put in a good word for him, the very best, but he hadn’t received the protection promised. This was due to the interference of a certain white-flighted lieutenant, who promised to keep the gang violence in line but clearly didn’t. Moonlight, of course, didn’t know any of this.
Instead, she stared scornfully at the egoistical red pigeon.
Neet Neet’s head snapped around. The sleek, grizzled pigeon who stood before him was dazzling.. but still couldn’t compare to his one of many true loves, his reflection.

“Ah, it’s just me,” he cooed. For a second, Neet felt the bitter sting of disappointment, but that quickly went away as he once again admired himself in the mirror.

Tearing his eyes away, Neet Neet looked at Moonlight properly. “Hello, m’lady,” he said, respectfully bobbing his head. The way the hen held herself told him that he wasn’t standing in front of just any pigeon. “You wouldn’t happen to know your way around here? I am..” Lost. “..a traveler.”

Last edited:
Neet Neet’s head snapped around. The sleek, grizzled pigeon who stood before him was dazzling.. but still couldn’t compare to his one of many true loves, his reflection.

“Ah, it’s just me,” he cooed. For a second, Neet felt the bitter sting of disappointment, but that quickly went away as he once again admired himself in the mirror.

Tearing his eyes away, Neet Neet once again looked at Moonlight. “Hello, m’lady,” he said, respectfully bobbing his head. The way the hen held herself told him that he wasn’t standing in front of just any pigeon. “You wouldn’t happen to know your way around here? I am..” Lost. “..a traveler.”
(I just realized there is no way Moonlight wouldn’t know he was just posing in front of a mirror instead of actually thinking it was someone else but I’ve already established she is a mindreader so I guess this is no surprise.
Or maybe she’s just having a bad day and wants to ruin his day too.
)
“Well, yes,” Moonlight said. “Not that I would help you.” She was a bit amused by the “M’Lady” bit. Not that she had a sense of humor. Of course not. But a sense of humor is needed to have fun with others. You didn’t need to have a sense of humor of laugh at others. Also, maybe she was a bit flattered by being called “M’Lady.” She was used to being respected, of course, but usually the respect was accompanied with fear of the talon-bearing lieutenant. This all clearly went over the head of this oblivious lost pet.

(I just realized there is no way Moonlight wouldn’t know he was just posing in front of a mirror instead of actually thinking it was someone else but I’ve already established she is a mindreader so I guess this is no surprise.
Or maybe she’s just having a bad day and wants to ruin his day too.
)
“Well, yes,” Moonlight said. “Not that I would help you.” She was a bit amused by the “M’Lady” bit. Not that she had a sense of humor. Of course not. But a sense of humor is needed to have fun with others. You didn’t need to have a sense of humor of laugh at others. Also, maybe she was a bit flattered by being called “M’Lady.” She was used to being respected, of course, but usually the respect was accompanied with fear of the talon-bearing lieutenant. This all clearly went over the head of this oblivious lost pet.
(She reads Neet Neet’s mind and it’s just a picture of himself XD)
Neet Neet recoiled as if insulted, bringing his head back and tucking one foot up into his feathers. He stared into the cold, intense eyes of the former lieutenant with an almost mournful expression, his pupils back to their dilated state. “I.. see.” He said, voice creaking with.. hurt?

Neet ducked his head, looking pitiful enough to be a sulking teenager, as he turned away from Moonlight. He had only took two steps before he looked back at her with a wounded expression, leaving any soul unfortunate enough to witness this spectacle wondering;
Is his ego really that fragile?

(Hopefully I didn’t forget to add “drama queen” to Neet Neet’s character sheet)

Last edited:
Russet stood beneath the bridge that their gang called home. Russet gazed at the nests. A hen named Pearl brooded on a borrowed nest. She was fiercely determined to hatch an egg she’d found in the aftermath of the masssacre of Blizzard’s flock. Other pigeons sat on nests as well, though with perhaps less restive attitudes. Hatchlings accepted milk gratefully and squeakers hassled their long-suffering parents for food.
Some of Russet’s wingmates had been sacrificed in the battle, but their sacrifice hadn’t been in vain. The eggs and children had been spared, and the children would not grow up orphans. All of the children, all of the eggs in Blizzard’s flock were gone. Russet himself was orphaned after his mother, the last remaining member of his family besides himself, was killed by Suliver.
But that is why Cement’s gang had been formed. To protect the ones who couldn’t fight for themselves. Russet swelled with pride. “This is what we fight for… Ow!”
He felt a sharp pain in his crop, which he had expanded, straining the sutures and threatening to reopen the wound that had been inflicted (a day?) before. The crop he had been specifically instructed not to inflate until it healed?
Yeah.
He deflated again and stared at an empty spot, a spot that was just perfect for building a nest. He had often thought this before. He turned in a circle. He wanted Cement to see. He wanted her to see him there, flicking his wings. But he didn’t flick his wings. Because…

Because he was supposed to subtract from her worries, not add to them.
And anyway, it was their duty, together, to ensure that these pigeons had the protection they needed in order to raise their families.
It was hard enough before, but Cement was Pigeon General now.
To start a family of their own?
That would put everything they fought for in jeopardy.

Last edited:
(She reads Neet Neet’s mind and it’s just a picture of himself XD)
Neet Neet recoiled as if insulted, bringing his head back and tucking one foot up into his feathers. He stared into the cold, intense eyes of the former lieutenant with an almost mournful expression, his pupils back to their dilated state. “I.. see.” He said, voice creaking with.. hurt?

Neet ducked his head, looking pitiful enough to be a sulking teenager, as he turned away from Moonlight. He had only took two steps before he looked back at her with a wounded expression, leaving any soul unfortunate enough to witness this spectacle wondering;
Is his ego really that fragile?

(Hopefully I didn’t forget to add “drama queen” to Neet Neet’s character sheet)
Moonlight continued on her way, but she was walking aimlessly. If she knew where to go, she would have flown. She was lost. Perhaps not in a physical sense, like Neet, but a spiritual sense. She knew where she was, but did she know where she was?
Since she had not pledged her loyalty to Cement, she was technically not a Lieutenant. She was no better than that strange pet pigeon. This didn’t sit well with her ego.

Sebastain padded to the place where he usually reported to his leader, Fish Sticks. A little black-headed gull tagged along. This was Ritz Crackers. He felt that since it was primarily his clever plan that reinstated the amnesiac leader, his advice had some worth. Also, Fish Sticks seemed to work better with at least one familiar face to turn to.
“Fish Sticks,” Sebastain said. “We must come up with a plan of action, one that will establish our gulls in the city and one that the pigeons will agree to. We must work out which areas the gangs occupy and avoid those. We must communicate with General Cement immediately, before any gulls get hurt by treading in dangerous territory.”

Sebastain padded to the place where he usually reported to his leader, Fish Sticks. A little black-headed gull tagged along. This was Ritz Crackers. He felt that since it was primarily his clever plan that reinstated the amnesiac leader, his advice had some worth. Also, Fish Sticks seemed to work better with at least one familiar face to turn to.
“Fish Sticks,” Sebastain said. “We must come up with a plan of action, one that will establish our gulls in the city and one that the pigeons will agree to. We must work out which areas the gangs occupy and avoid those. We must communicate with General Cement immediately, before any gulls get hurt by treading in dangerous territory.”
Fish Sticks nodded seriously, as if he had been listening the entire time. He stared off into the middle distance. “You’re right, Sebastain,” he squawked. It had become the customary response to anything Sebastain said, and had worked surprisingly well so far.
Fish Sticks tilted his head. He felt that it helped him think better since the accident. And he really needed to think right now. What was I…
Ah.
It’sa nice day for some curly fries, mmm

Back
Top Bottom