fuzzi's Chicken Journal

Pics
I am the momma of TEN Speckled Sussex bantam chicks!
1000005785.jpg

They've been introduced to their water and food, and the MHP. They're all underneath it right now, very quiet, just occasional peeps.
1000005787.jpg

:love:love:love

I am the momma of TEN Speckled Sussex bantam chicks!
View attachment 3419682

They've been introduced to their water and food, and the MHP. They're all underneath it right now, very quiet, just occasional peeps.
View attachment 3419683
:love:love:love
Checked on them, they were all on top of the MHP, cheeping loudly and pecking at the cardboard. I shooed them back to the water and food, and they got excited, started eating and drinking.

I know, I'm being a Momma Hen.

Good morning!

IMG_20230304_082726943~2.jpg

I took all ten chicks out of the brooder this morning so I could check out their butts 😉😁🤣 and handle them. A friend recently gave me an old plastic dog house, so I added straw to the bottom half and put them in it. I let them stretch their legs and wings while I cleaned the brooder. It's officially their playpen. The sides are about 8-10", gave them protection from the wind.

IMG_20230304_082756358.jpg

This one has been named Blondie. It's a lot lighter than the others, will see if it feathers out lighter as well.

1000006176.jpg

The chicks were a little noisy so I turned up the heating pad yesterday afternoon and pushed the wire frame closer to the ground. They quieted down.

Now that the sun is up I am going to go outside and check on them. It got down to 36° last night and I'm a little nervous.

Back
Top Bottom