fuzzi's Chicken Journal

Pics
Thanks!

Last night just before dark I checked out the coop. Suddenly there was lots of noise and one rooster started chasing the other around and around the A-frame roost. One flew to the top of the roost (not the usual nighttime roost) and the other approached the door, scratching and eating. He then flew up to the short roost by the door and talked to me. It was Joel, current Chief Roo. Samuel remained on top of the A-frame. I'm not sure who won that round, but ALL NINE were on the new roost later on, about 10pm.

If Joel lost, why would he be calmly scratching for food?

:hmm
Because losing doesn't always mean scared for my life. I have a pen with like 12 or more cockerels and only like one or two are a**s about it the rest fight then eat together.

Well, I think I am going to need another tarp. The "heavy duty" one I put on the top didn't last 6 months.

The hem where the grommets are located just ripped off. The cheap blue tarp on the end is fine.
IMG_20230808_072606553_HDR~2.jpg

I have another shade fabric that is 16'x14'. I was thinking I could place it over the top tarp to strap it in place. The shade fabric allows a little rain in, so I'd want to keep something solid underneath it to ensure the roost area stays dry.

Well, I think I am going to need another tarp. The "heavy duty" one I put on the top didn't last 6 months.

The hem where the grommets are located just ripped off. The cheap blue tarp on the end is fine.
View attachment 3603200
I have another shade fabric that is 16'x14'. I was thinking I could place it over the top tarp to strap it in place. The shade fabric allows a little rain in, so I'd want to keep something solid underneath it to ensure the roost area stays dry.

Our climate is BRUTAL on tarps, even the heaviest types. :(

View attachment 3603200
The canvas tarps are better but they are expensive.

Back
Top Bottom