"Fuzzy foots" of some type or another

masschickvet

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
I ordered 15 "mixed brown egg layers" from McMurray Hatchery. The only breed that has fuzzy feet in this assortment (according to the description) are the Light Brahmas. These two birds look nothing alike! They did when they were little peeps...but now?? and neither looks like it is feathering out to be a Light Brahma, to my inexperienced eye :) I was thinking perhaps that one could be the "free rare and unusual chick" that is included in each order. Does anyone know whether Brahma (or Cochin) roosters are friendlier than other breeds? Because it has been my experience in the past that the "freebie" is usually a boy. Any input is appreciated.

Well, it depends what the chicken's personality is, and how much you interact with them (which doesn't seem like a problem since they're perching on your arm like its nothing
lol.png
) But cochins tend to be gentle and kind.

I also have 7 "mystery bantams" with feathered legs and feet.
I got them from TSC in the bantam bin.
I haven't had any luck getting answers on what mine are either.
And 3 (if not 4) of the 7 are roo's!!!

Yours has more white in it, but otherwise I think we have the same "Mystery Bantams"
idunno.gif

These are photo's of the same 7 as they've grown.
I sure hope we can get the mystery solved.
I'm figuring the're a mix/mutt. Mine are 7 weeks old now and the same size as my 10 week old Barred Rocks and Buff Orpington's.
idunno.gif

I also have 7 "mystery bantams" with feathered legs and feet.
I got them from TSC in the bantam bin.
I haven't had any luck getting answers on what mine are either.
And 3 (if not 4) of the 7 are roo's!!!

Yours has more white in it, but otherwise I think we have the same "Mystery Bantams"
idunno.gif

These are photo's of the same 7 as they've grown.
I sure hope we can get the mystery solved.
I'm figuring the're a mix/mutt. Mine are 7 weeks old now and the same size as my 10 week old Barred Rocks and Buff Orpington's.
idunno.gif

Thats easy.. your chicks are Dark Brahma, Use google image to see how they will mature..

Back
Top Bottom