Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ravishaw, Jul 8, 2010.
bit of rice is going moldy...
can chickens eat it? They're pullets, not laying yet.
I honestly don't know if feeding moldy rice to chickens is a good idea but I have learned that feeding pets spoiled food is not a good idea. I fed some questionable ham steaks to my dogs once and the poor things were so sick. I told a friend about it and he asked me why I would feed an animal that I love so much something I wouldn't think about eating. I thought it was a very good philosophy. Anything that is questionable now goes straight into the trash.
well... i'm in bachelor mood right now... so I'd scrape the moldy part off top and just reboil the rice for a split second to moisten it up (trash the rice that was bad). I've done that before and never gotten sick.
My chickens just didn't enjoy the rice all that much the last time I gave them.
Moldy food can kill your chickens.
I don't feed mine anything moldy. Mushy yes, moldy no.
Quote:this bears repeating.
Do not feed anything with mold on it!
Simple guideline and works every time - never feed anything you wouldn't eat yourself (without reservation!).