FYI - Welp is back ordered

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chickenmaven, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Welp is back ordered. They said they are having issues with a supplier. I have had my order placed for a couple months. A week ago, I confirmed that it was shipping out today. Friday, a message was left that it will be delayed by SEVEN WEEKS. I went ahead and cancelled the order because it was supposed to coincide with another order AND I was lucky enough to have a hen go broody 3 weeks ago. So, I thought I was set to have a big ol' brooder going. Now, it is a little brooder of chicks. No worries.
    I am a little bummed that I had arranged to give some of the Welp chicks to a friend. Now he is high-n-dry... [​IMG]

Anyway, the moral of this story is "don't count your chicks" until you actually have them to count!!!! [​IMG]
  2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I know, they put me off three times on my order of RP turkeys. the last time I said turkeys or money and they suddenly came up with the turkeys. I guess they made somebody else wait this time!
  3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    What did you order?
  4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have an order due in tomorrow for about 30 chicks I ordered back in Feb. but they called me last week and said the other 2 breeds would have to wait until next month (another 20 chicks).
    I also have an order coming from them in June.
    They were really good to me last year so I hope they can be just as kind this year. They sent me an extra 10 of the breed I ordered and only 2 were roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by