Gabbard Farms??

Me either! Trying very hard not to be nasty........
duc.gif

I wouldn't buy from them.

Last edited:
I was very happy with the Blue and Black Ameraucanas I got from them (4/6 hatched), but very disappointed in the Wheaten Marans. My first hatch only 1 chick came of a dozen eggs and it wasn't a Wheaten! I ordered two more dozen and only got 1 pullet and 2 cockerels. The pullet died at about 8 months without ever laying a single egg. I have had great luck with other Marans breeders. I got a mixed group of eggs from seller bargain (in Georgia) on this site and hatched 4/4 Wheaten Marans eggs- 1 cockerel and 3 pullets! Yeah! I also had great luck with Huckleberry Farms' Wheaten Marans hatching eggs- 7/12 hatched. They're in South Carolina. I'm in Virginia so maybe the shorter travel distance helped.

Last edited:
Do a search on Gabbard Farms and you will find plenty of information there. Not everyone has bad luck. Its buyers beware, that is all I have to say.

I would not give them bad feedback just because you didn't have a good hatch. You rarely get good hatches when you ship eggs across the country. Your best bet is to order some eggs from a local breeder thats in a close state to you or find a local breeder that you can drive to and pick up the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom