Gaggle of Chinese Ostracizing a Roman Tufted - Help!

Got it - ACV first and VetRx if not cleared up in a couple of days.
The Chinese do not seem to mind the Pom. She just hangs out with them.
Yes, they all came from the same place. Don't have information on how
they were raised, other than they are about a year old.

Got it - ACV first and VetRx if not cleared up in a couple of days.
The Chinese do not seem to mind the Pom. She just hangs out with them.
Yes, they all came from the same place. Don't have information on how
they were raised, other than they are about a year old.
If they are all together do they pick on the Roman?I hope you can find a gander if they are picking on her it might be beter to have them all together till you find another gander then introduce the 2 girls to him slowly so they get to know each other. Being separated from their group is very hard on them.

It will be hard for them to be separated but it stops after a week,and yes it's best to block the view so they can't see eachother, also I don't leave feed or water in their sleeping area since it gets very messy and will attract rodents inside. And we don't mind questions!I love answering questions. We are on byc for a reason!

It will be hard for them to be separated but it stops after a week,and yes it's best to block the view so they can't see eachother, also I don't leave feed or water in their sleeping area since it gets very messy and will attract rodents inside. And we don't mind questions!I love answering questions. We are on byc for a reason!
Good advise serv, I was concerned the Roman maybe stressing out being separated for them and causing her to start getting sick.

Thank you both for the good suggestions and quick response. I really appreciate your help.

It's a dilemma indeed - the Roman has very expressive eyes and acts as if saying - 'I want to be out of here' when placed with the Chinese. And when separated because she gets chased, attacked and cornered - she looks forlornly at the others wanting to join them. She is so adorable I just want to hug her. I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on all of them until a suitable gander can be arranged. Perhaps she was a new addition - I wish I had better information, but they were given away without much info or instruction. I've been trolling the web in search of good information and chanced upon BYC - a neighbor and fellow newbie suggested I join immediately for guidance.

I've added 2 tbsp ACV in their water buckets - also for the Chinese as good measure. Wondering if it's ok to give them whey to drink. I think I saw it on TV somewhere, that farmers like to give left over whey to their birds - can't remember if it was just to chickens or geese also. A friend told me not to give them spinach - it may upset their tummies. Is there a list of do's and don'ts for reference when it comes to their diet?

Don't give too much bread ! Too much bread is very bad for them especially cornbread, you can give them bread now and then for a snack but not too much.
Your friend is right spinach is not great for geese. When you get the new gander put him with the tuft female first so that they are the ones to be paired for life.

Miss Lydia
1f44d.png

Chinese especially white Chinese will lay loads of eggs and will brood and hatch large numbers of goslings successfully but are very clumsy parents.

When you cross a Embden with your roman tuft, 60% of those babies will have tufts both male and female and 10% will have a rose coloured beak like the mother.

Back
Top Bottom