Gaggle of Chinese Ostracizing a Roman Tufted - Help!

Her droppings for the past 2 days. Last pic is from this afternoon. I've placed apples and carrots sliced thin and some grapes in front of her in case she'll eat those. I don't have any fresh greens on hand. Can I tenderize carrots and potatoes for her?

servpolice - yes she really is a gentle one. This morning with a bit of renewed energy, though she is biting my hand trying to refuse the meds. Thankfully she's in less pain now and relieved, I got a few hours of sleep last night. She's not banging her beak against a hard surface as often. She's flapping her wings and called out a few times. I think this is the first time I've heard her voice! So pleasant!

Your analysis is correct - she is shaking her head then sneezing and opening her mouth at the same time - making an odd noise afterwards while opening her mouth.
Hacking cough? You are also right about the place she came from - I don't have anything positive to say.

California is truly wonderful - I hope you will find the perfect place - part of the North is lush green, but Southern Cali - particularly the desert has a unique ambiance - atmosphere and character that embrace you unexpectedly.

Thanks islandgirl ! I will try to keep more Thieves on hand and use it as you've mentioned, since vinegar alone doesn't kill germs.

Thanks islandgirl ! I will try to keep more Thieves on hand and use it as you've mentioned, since vinegar alone doesn't kill germs.
I have also used Thieves putting it in my pot sitting on the wood stove. Now I am very leery about giving her anything by mouth with out we know for sure it's safe water fowl can be very sensitive to many things. But if you have a humidifier you could put some in it and let it gently fall over her head so she is inhaling it. I use Oxine ah in the same way except i use a spray bottle on fine mist and mist it over the tops of my flocks when I put them up for the night maybe 1X a month when it isn't freezing. Since Eucalyptus helps break up congestion it may help her alot. What you are seeing with her lobes is normal my young goose looks the same way. Have you tried giving her a warm wet mash? making it fairly soupy and put a dash of ACV in it? if not then make a small amount first and see it it entices her to eat. you can try the other things fruit etc but my geese are pretty picky about what they like, grapes if sliced they will eat never have they even tried apple when I've put it out. Shredded romaine lettuce in their water may look yummy to her.I know it's hard when your the care giver to go when you want ,you have been doing a great job with her, TLC has kept her going. Oh and carrots mine will eat if shredded and mixed with greens potatoes I haven't given mine She is so precious and very blessed to have you for her care giver. I wonder how long this had been going on with her?I hope soon it will be a thing of the past for you both.

Last edited:
1f44c.png
the thing she has underneath her is called a pouch or a lobe, usually females have them for that breed so it's perfectly normal.
If it grows bigger then it means she is going into her egg laying stage.
It is very noticeable when she is brooding.
Her droppings don't look healthy and shows that she is sick but can also be like that because lack of greens but you don't have to worry about that at the moment.

Thank you Miss Lydia and servpolice - for the clarification on her anatomy and droppings. I will offer her wet mash and shredded carrots. Managed to get a little bit of fresh grass. She's a bit active but is leery of me - being syringe fed is not pleasant for her and she's associated me with it :( I'll add Thieves to the humidifier and place it close to her; hopefully she'll like it as much as lavender.

Last edited:
She started preening and then drew out water from the bucket and taking a bath on the kitchen floor. She was so adorable, I had to fill the tub with lukewarm water for her. Is it OK to add ACV to the bath? Or could it be bad for her webs and feathers?

What type of vitamins do you recommend? She's pecking at her food, especially after the antibiotic, but not eating enough.

The swim exhausted her, so she's back in the kennel after flapping her wings vigorously. Got her some lettuce and cukes.

Thank you Miss Lydia and servpolice - for the clarification on her anatomy and droppings. I will offer her wet mash and shredded carrots. Managed to get a little bit of fresh grass. She's a bit active but is leery of me - being syringe fed is not pleasant for her and she's associated me with it :( I'll add Thieves to the humidifier and place it close to her; hopefully she'll like it as much as lavender.
I'm sure it is unpleasant but right now it's necessary so just carry on.

Back
Top Bottom