Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Ive had my geese since 2011 as babies my big boy and my swttie pie. How old is everyone elses geese?
Mine are 3, 2, and 1. My original 3 buff females, than 3 pilgrims, 2females, one male, than the 3 mixed all males. 6 more coming this year.

I got geese to get over my fear of them. Now I find them fascinating. :)

E1E39002-08C6-4234-B513-878884FA5A92.jpeg
The goose eggs are going, 12 days for the left one and 28 for the right. This is my first time incubating goose eggs, so it’s pretty exciting!

What kind of nesting containment do people offer to free-ranging geese? I have given mine some 55 gallon drums on their sides, and I've been told that's a bad idea? is it? why?
Mine aren't free-range to just run amok, all loosey-goosey, over the place. It's bad enough when I'm home and get FB messages or texts from friends that drive by to tell me they are playing in the rainwater in the ditch by the road. But they get jumbo cat litter trays to nest in. Which, fair warning, if you live somewhere with a lot of rain, can and will float with a goose sitting on her eggs. Also, for the record, the hen will not like it, and the gander will fly into an absolute rage at the entire world which includes you and everything else his eye falls on, inanimate object or carbon-based organism.
My geese have my old duck house that I remodeled for them after my ducks got a new house... I once tried using a 55 gal drum in my duck pen for an extra hideaway spot from hawks, but it gets hot inside (unless you have shade for it) and I guess it can roll maybe? anyway my ducks hated it . Have not tried with the geese tho
My grandfather had a 55-gallon drum by their catfish pond between two t-posts to keep it from rolling. Their ducks always used that to nest in.
View attachment 3027496The goose eggs are going, 12 days for the left one and 28 for the right. This is my first time incubating goose eggs, so it’s pretty exciting!
Mama Mia - Where did you get those.gif

I didn't know they made egg thingies for the NR360 that held goose eggs??? I need one, immediately. lol Maybe those will actually hatch. I have terrible luck with the Sportsman.

View attachment 3027557
I didn't know they made egg thingies for the NR360 that held goose eggs??? I need one, immediately. lol Maybe those will actually hatch. I have terrible luck with the Sportsman.
Yeah, they were actually I little bit too small, so I had to snip one of the corner braces for each egg slot. It worked great after that.

Back
Top Bottom