Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
My goose decided she never wanted kids so shes never took being broody seriously lol so I used chickens to hatch them lol
Were they confused as to what species they are? Did you eventually put them with your geese?

I'd like my geese to raise them, so I might put mine under the geese for the last few days. I had problems last year with something taking eggs. I believe it was a crow. Thank you for sharing. :)

Were they confused as to what species they are? Did you eventually put them with your geese?

I'd like my geese to raise them, so I might put mine under the geese for the last few days. I had problems last year with something taking eggs. I believe it was a crow. Thank you for sharing. :)
Once they were a few days old and to big for the broodies my geese took over on raising them
Screenshot_20220330-153417_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-153437_Facebook.jpg

Hatched two Sebastopol goslings this year from six shipped eggs. Three of the six started developing, and two made it all the way. And clues on sex? I hope I have a pair. They definitely look different to me, but last year I wanted to believe that. I sent off the shells to have them DNA tested for sex and all were male! I will send the shells out again, but I am impatient and was hoping someone here might have a clue.

This is my second year trying with geese. Last year I lost all my geese to foxes. This year they will be housed in the pet carrier that my 100 lb. LGD fits in unless I am out there with them. It felt like I spent a fortune trying to get started, and I lost both batches I had hatched.

One of them will be named Arlo after Arlo Guthrie. He has a song called “Me and My Goose” and I have a warped sense of humor. I haven’t named the other yet.
DC656C97-8D98-4772-85C2-062FF4082A15.jpeg
7CD532C5-D7B2-4D44-84CC-D6F7D953F2FF.jpeg
0D8A4C5A-81EE-4FF9-B48B-5EC821F5DA48.jpeg

Hatched two Sebastopol goslings this year from six shipped eggs. Three of the six started developing, and two made it all the way. And clues on sex? I hope I have a pair. They definitely look different to me, but last year I wanted to believe that. I sent off the shells to have them DNA tested for sex and all were male! I will send the shells out again, but I am impatient and was hoping someone here might have a clue.

This is my second year trying with geese. Last year I lost all my geese to foxes. This year they will be housed in the pet carrier that my 100 lb. LGD fits in unless I am out there with them. It felt like I spent a fortune trying to get started, and I lost both batches I had hatched.

One of them will be named Arlo after Arlo Guthrie. He has a song called “Me and My Goose” and I have a warped sense of humor. I haven’t named the other yet. View attachment 3044970View attachment 3044971View attachment 3044973
Very cute! I can’t guarantee it, but it looks to me like a boy and a girl. They are sex link geese, the boys are blonde/pale and the girls have the darker saddleback appearance.

Sorry to hear about your geese you lost. At least you might very well have a pair now. :)

Very cute! I can’t guarantee it, but it looks to me like a boy and a girl. They are sex link geese, the boys are blonde/pale and the girls have the darker saddleback appearance.

Sorry to hear about your geese you lost. At least you might very well have a pair now. :)
Thanks. I am really hoping I have a pair. That would be incredible luck.

Back
Top Bottom