Gamble Quails WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

I did not pair them that is how I found them when I took the pic maybe it was just a once in a life time pic taken thing but I thought it was really cute to find them together.

Off the antibiotics I have several things I can give tell me what u think is best. I have save a chick, ployvisol without iron, I got some vitamin stuff that I got at first vet suppose to help with stress and what not. If these aren't what I need let me know and ill go to tractor supply tomorrow.

They will get a mixture of wax worms and meal worms tonight tomorrow will be the eggs then there vegetables the next day will keep rotating each day.

It never hurts to add vitamins to a birds diet. I think the sav-a-chick does have probiotics in it. That is what you want to add after using antibiotics. I can't remember so check the label. If it does, then you can use that stuff. If not, any poultry or human grade probiotics will work.

And yes, they sure were cute all line up! They won't be of laying or breeding age till about 6 months. However many times if that 6 month mark lands in the fall, they don't lay until the following spring. But you never know, you may find a few eggs late summer, early fall.

But on this note, they can be very cuddly with each other the first year. And hang out together like loving siblings. That is what usually throws you for a loop, because starting next year, they may be ready to kill each other over mating season. LOL Just remember, during the off breeding season, they will welcome each other with open wings to be together and covey up for the winter months. So you can again mix the group.

Good luck with these cute babies!

Last edited:
It never hurts to add vitamins to a birds diet. I think the sav-a-chick does have probiotics in it. That is what you want to add after using antibiotics. I can't remember so check the label. If it does, then you can use that stuff. If not, any poultry or human grade probiotics will work.

And yes, they sure were cute all line up! They won't be of laying or breeding age till about 6 months. However many times if that 6 month mark lands in the fall, they don't lay until the following spring. But you never know, you may find a few eggs late summer, early fall.

But on this note, they can be very cuddly with each other the first year. And hang out together like loving siblings. That is what usually throws you for a loop, because starting next year, they may be ready to kill each other over mating season. LOL Just remember, during the off breeding season, they will welcome each other with open wings to be together and covey up for the winter months. So you can again mix the group.

Good luck with these cute babies!
Thank you for all your Help, we are almost at the two week point and still not deaths. WOOO HOOO

Look how pretty his getting lol.

They are very striking in color when they mature. I think Gambels are one of the prettiest in feather and have the most interesting call of all the quail.

You sure have a cuty pie there.
love.gif

Help here we go again, I have a male quail who is twisting his head. He's got his head looking up with his beak towards his back. Almost like wry neck on a chicken. He can move it so that its straight but doesn't. He does talk, he is eating and drinking, He's still hyper and hard to catch but when he walks he holds his head in an s shape form..what's going on with him..

Wry neck or even Mareks disease is not all that common in gamebirds, but it does happen. Twisted necks can also be a sign of vitamin deficiency. Toxins can cause a twisted neck along with genetics. An injury can also cause this issue.

Treating wry neck takes a long time, but many times they do recover from it, no matter why it occurs. The bird will need vitamin B, Vitamin E and selenium.

1) a tiny crushed piece of human B vitamin,
2) about half of a 400 IUD vitamin E gel cap, and
3) mixed it with a couple drops of selenium to help the absorbtion of vitamin E

You can mix this all together in some hard boiled eggs. It surely won't hurt the others as well if they also eat this concoction but try to get him to eat most of it. Try this for a week or two and see if the neck improves at all.

Keep us posted. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom