Game rooster behavior and fighting

Pics
Um, i don't believe you šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Yes, hence the sarcasm. šŸ˜‰ @shawluvsbirds @Geena I was being sarcastic. I'm from Texas (a female btw); I collect guns like other women collect shoes.

Right now we are in a quagmire of political pissing matches. Any moronic drama queen from New York with a seat in congress can look at Puerto Rico and Guam bucking the 2018 law (which Trump signed) and decide that it's better to ban ownership altogether, slip that unnoticed in the farm bill, and it's over. The Feds have been watching shipments all over the country and out of it since the law was passed, and by the numbers it's obvious what they're being bought and sold for. I attended classes for two weeks in 2020 for some other things they're monitoring (totally legal to own and sell items, not even controversial in any way). We watched bodycam footage of a raid at the port to confiscate and destroy stuff that is completely legal....a year before certain "shortages" occurred. These actions benefit both parties, no one is going to stop it.

This is not a question of if, it's when.

What case are you referring to that comes up before the Supreme Court this year?
PR and Guam. I think the last one was shot down in October, but there was an announcement I literally saw yesterday and now I can't find it, that the leader/AG/someone from PR promised to keep fighting it, outlining the amount of money that's being lost and the increase in crime because it's (now) illegal.

PR and Guam. I think the last one was shot down in October, but there was an announcement I literally saw yesterday and now I can't find it, that the leader/AG/someone from PR promised to keep fighting it, outlining the amount of money that's being lost and the increase in crime because it's (now) illegal.

Wow, that IS a lot of money, I had no idea!

Supreme Court Leaves in Place Puerto Rico Cockfighting Ban​

WASHINGTON (AP) ā€” The Supreme Court is leaving in place a federal law that bars cockfighting in Puerto Rico.
The high court on Tuesday turned away a challenge to the law. As is typical, the high court did not explain why it declined to take the case.
Congress in 2018 changed a federal law that had permitted cockfighting in the territory. Individuals and organizations involved in cockfighting challenged the law, arguing that Congress had exceeded its powers in applying the ban to Puerto Rico. They noted that ā€œcockfighting is deeply ingrained in the island's history, tradition and culture.ā€
Cockfighting was introduced into the territory by the Spanish in the 16th century and Puerto Rican law calls it a ā€œcultural right of all Puerto Ricans.ā€ Puerto Rico estimates cockfighting supports more than 11,000 jobs and brings about $65 million into the territory's economy annually.

Yes, hence the sarcasm. šŸ˜‰ @shawluvsbirds @Geena I was being sarcastic. I'm from Texas (a female btw); I collect guns like other women collect shoes.

Right now we are in a quagmire of political pissing matches. Any moronic drama queen from New York with a seat in congress can look at Puerto Rico and Guam bucking the 2018 law (which Trump signed) and decide that it's better to ban ownership altogether, slip that unnoticed in the farm bill, and it's over. The Feds have been watching shipments all over the country and out of it since the law was passed, and by the numbers it's obvious what they're being bought and sold for. I attended classes for two weeks in 2020 for some other things they're monitoring (totally legal to own and sell items, not even controversial in any way). We watched bodycam footage of a raid at the port to confiscate and destroy stuff that is completely legal....a year before certain "shortages" occurred. These actions benefit both parties, no one is going to stop it.

This is not a question of if, it's when.

That would all depend on the definition of gamefowl or ā€œbirds used, bred or otherwise kept for fighting purposesā€ tough to prove based on ownership since theyā€™ve been bred for so long with many other breeds added and removed in the process. Theyā€™d have to set a genetic percentage or something similar. This would be costly and ineffective.

Iā€™m glad I could clear up some confusion for you.
This is a forum and thereā€™s a search function thatā€™s pretty simple to use to find all sorts of relevant information. The problem comes from people with zero actual experience just spewing whatever theyā€™ve read or heard without actually seeing and doing for themselves. This is a common problem on here. They do this in a way to fuel their own ego and itā€™s ridiculous for people truly looking to learn to have to sort through an insane amount of BS. I wasnā€™t kidding when I said pretty much all of it was wrong.
I totally agree that it is very difficult to look for information through the loads and loads of it out there, then seive through it to sort accurate from inaccurate.
This is why I do like to come here and go through these threads and posts - to learn by hearing about other peoples' experiences, and then ask questions if I don't quite get it or would like more detail.

I totally agree that it is very difficult to look for information through the loads and loads of it out there, then seive through it to sort accurate from inaccurate.
This is why I do like to come here and go through these threads and posts - to learn by hearing about other peoples' experiences, and then ask questions if I don't quite get it or would like more detail.
All forums including this one would be better off if people giving information actually gained this through actual hands on experience and not just regurgitating what theyā€™ve read or heard from someone else. Iā€™ve seen far too many nonsense posts by people who claim to know this or that about (take your pick) when in reality theyā€™re just winging it. Iā€™m not totally sure what they gain from this? Maybe itā€™s the warm and fuzzy feeling they get when they feel like theyā€™ve taught or helped someone? I havenā€™t quite figured it out yet. I do know it does nothing to help anyone by claiming expertise when itā€™s not true. Anyone can do a google search and as Iā€™ve said many times before if someone is looking for repeated information without experience that can be had with 2 clicks on any computer.

All forums including this one would be better off if people giving information actually gained this through actual hands on experience and not just regurgitating what theyā€™ve read or heard from someone else. Iā€™ve seen far too many nonsense posts by people who claim to know this or that about (take your pick) when in reality theyā€™re just winging it. Iā€™m not totally sure what they gain from this? Maybe itā€™s the warm and fuzzy feeling they get when they feel like theyā€™ve taught or helped someone? I havenā€™t quite figured it out yet. I do know it does nothing to help anyone by claiming expertise when itā€™s not true. Anyone can do a google search and as Iā€™ve said many times before if someone is looking for repeated information without experience that can be had with 2 clicks on any computer.
So, the people posting and giving advice on the forum should have hands-on experience.
I agree that's best, when available.
If youā€™re truly interested in learning something itā€™s up to you to learn. Expecting someone else to teach you is an entitled mentality. Good day.
But when I ask the people who have more hands-on experience to impart some of their earned wisdom, I am told I have an 'entitled mentality'.

So now I all need to do is figure out if I have an entitled mentality when I ask questions of people with hands-on experience...
:he :rolleyes: :hit

Back
Top Bottom