Gamefowl chicks keep dying one by one.....Why???

NaefNaests

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 17, 2013
I have been interested in gamefowl for a year now and have bought several batches of hatching eggs and have hatched out chicks, but they don't live long, why? Then, since I figured I must be doing something wrong, I ordered chicks (not hatchery) and had them mailed to me, and they too are dying one by one. It has do be something I'm doing wrong.
Also I read that gamefowl are for the advanced of chicken keepers, I would like to know in what way? The feed? Housing for weather? Rooster separation? I have had chickens and peacocks for 6 years, I have never had a problem hatching and growing chicks but with gamefowl I'm just not getting it. Some one please guide me. Thanks -- Yvette

Maybe if you could give more details on your set up, brooder, heat source, food, water etc. Pictures. People could maybe get an idea of what is going on. There are several large Game Fowl threads on the Breed Genetics & Showing Forum that maybe able to give you more breed-specific advice. I don't know about your hatched chicks, but heavy losses from shipped chicks are not unusual because of shipping stress, even if they get there alive, you may lose quite a few in the days after arrival. Have you hatched/raised other breeds with the game fowl chicks that you lost? If you did, what happened with them?

Back
Top Bottom