Gander problem

razvanM

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 14, 2012
Hi,I have a question.Lets say I have a mixed breed flock of breeders,and if accidentaly a heavy gander(toulouse or embden type ) would breed with a light breed goose(cotton patch or roman) would he cruss her back or they will mate with no problem and result medium sized goslings ?I know that if a heavy goose mates with a light gander there is no problem but if viceversa ?

Last edited:
Hi,I have a question.Lets say I have a mixed breed flock of breeders,and if accidentaly a heavy gander(toulouse or embden type ) would breed with a light breed goose(cotton patch or roman) would he cruss her back or they will mate with no problem and result medium sized goslings ?I know that if a heavy goose mates with a light gander there is no problem but if viceversa ?
I'm not sure but I'll give you something to think about, I have Muscovy ducks, my drakes probably weigh around 10-12lbs, my ducks weigh around 4. they don't seem to have problems with size difference. and I always try to have a pool with water for them. Not that they always use it.
roll.png
Not sure what weight diff your talking about.

Well,I have muscovy duck too,and it didnt seem a problem.Oh and my plymouth rock rooster mates with my bantam hens and no back crushing so far and I keep them togheter for many many years.I think they would do just fine.

Well,I have muscovy duck too,and it didnt seem a problem.Oh and my plymouth rock rooster mates with my bantam hens and no back crushing so far and I keep them togheter for many many years.I think they would do just fine.
Probably so. Now when I had a Brahma rooster my bantams would hide in the coop they were so scared of him, When he started going after us we promply put him in the freezer. [we'd killed him first though]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom