Gapes or Respiratory? Safeguard 10% dewormer

Fiestychick

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2022
SouthEastern North Carolina
I am so confused on how to administer this... I've been told several different ways. Mixing with water, then in food and giving it to them once, and again in 7-10 days. Then I've seen .25 ml per pound orally for 3-5 days. And another way to mix in waterers... Which is the best and most effective way to treat? My girls are experiencing gaping, neck stretching, head shaking, coughing, sneezing, but not many runny noses or eyes. I've got doxy-tyl on the way to treat respiratory but also want to treat for gapes just in case. Has anyone used doxy-tyl with luck for respiratory?Can I give these meds together? Thank you for any help!!! 🙏

Mixing with water
Not this. The 10% goat wormer is not water soluble and will settle out.
Then I've seen .25 ml per pound orally for 3-5 days
This is what you want to do if you suspect gape worms. I squirt the dose into a small piece of bread or 2 small pieces and feed the bird the bread in an area away from the rest of the flock to prevent the others from stealing the dose.
How many birds do you need to treat?

This is what you want to do if you suspect gape worms. I squirt the dose into a small piece of bread or 2 small pieces and feed the bird the bread in an area away from the rest of the flock to prevent the others from stealing the dose.
How many birds do you need to

How many birds do you need to treat?
25 adults over 15 months as they have all been exposed and 31 babies between 8 and 10 weeks as they may have been exposed

Back
Top Bottom