Garden Coop Finished!!!--Final Picture Update

Quote:
Here is a post I made before I ever started the coop---with the link for the plans
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57351

Go for it Gals!!!!

May i suggest that the next time the higher part of the coop faces the run and the lower side to the back. the way you have it with every rain fall the water from the roof will flow towards your little run area and make it even more soggy, unless of course you deceide on a gutter to drain the water of to the side. Other than that really cute design.

What beautiful attention to detail you have here (previous comment aside). Really, really beautiful. The discipline and attention to detail that comes from quilting translates well to coop construction.
smile.png

You could teach seminars on coop building to other quilting ladies in your area!!:
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think one coop was plenty for me--so probably won't be a next time!!!! I thought of the run off problem, but it wouldn't work to reverse the sides because the nest box is on the high side. Actually we had a good 3 inches of rain this weekend and no soggy run yet
smile.png
But I am planning to add a gutter on the back anyway---with a rain barrel LOL. It is also going to get its shingles soon and flashing on the front edge. Already have made a honeysuckle heart wreath that is attached to the front by the door. I'll have to post a couple pics when it is really, truely, finally done---

Hot diggity, I just saw this thread.
That is a dandy little cooparoo. Nice and square and neatly done. I aint even gonna open my big yap and make any "suggestions." That is too nice for a first timer - no '...buts' from me.
In fact, I'm gonna do somehting I rarley do in a post, just for this:

wee.gif
NICE KOOP

(take note everyone.)

Did you cut that pallet wood with just your little jiggly saw?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom