Garden thread

Pics
I think I saw about 10 flakes outside today. It's bitterly cold but most of the snow on the ground melted last week and a lot of the mud froze so it is deceptively bright and clean looking out.
It's a lie though. And when it's a tiny bit warmer it's gonna all be mud.

My lettuce, anaheims and habeneros are coming up! The jalapenos are taking their time. Basil and cherry tomatoes are planted but most of the rest of the tomatoes need to be planted still.

It snowed again today.

Oof on throwing away your old seeds.

Today I have planted baby blue hubbards, costata romanesco zucchini, butternut and brulee honeynut squashes, and a bit more lettuce.

My jalapenos have been SUPER disappointing this year. Almost none of them came up. I'm never buying burpees garbage organic seeds again.

I got all my veggies planted last week. The squash is already starting to bloom and looks like the tomatoes aren't far behind. It’s supposed to be record setting temps this week, highs in the mid to upper 80’s!🥵 I imagine the bugs will be here soon for the feast🤬

Oooh, I *wish* I had some warm weather. We're in the 30's today. All my plants are still indoors.

I DID however get something exciting this week. A whole truckoad of arborists wood chips! That means I can reinforce my paths and pull all the rich aged/composted woodchips from the chicken pen into my garden beds and replace them with clean fresh ones!

Oof on throwing away your old seeds.

Today I have planted baby blue hubbards, costata romanesco zucchini, butternut and brulee honeynut squashes, and a bit more lettuce.

My jalapenos have been SUPER disappointing this year. Almost none of them came up. I'm never buying burpees garbage organic seeds again.
Yeah now I have to wait for more seeds. I don't know where else to order that is decent

Back
Top Bottom