Garden thread

Pics
So I spent most of today not doing so well. But it was beautiful out, sunny, dry 45*F, and with some help we managed to get some wood chips moved for pathing. This is step 1 for my garden work. I can't do any work in the garden if I can't move from all the mud.

20200325_183105.jpg

Cluck, check your seed packest. Most radishes are direct sow. Lettuce should be great started early. Nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, etc.) can all be started indoors, most herbs, alliums (onion family), leafy greens, cucurbits (melons & squash), can all be started early.
Root vegetables and legumes usually do better direct sown. Other miscellaneous plants too, like dill, do better direct sown.

I just found this thread, so thought I'd jump in! I'll be sowing my seeds indoors tomorrow. I bought an indoor LED grow light, so we'll be using that for the first time. I'm really excited to start this little project with my kids! We plant a garden every year, but have not started seedlings inside with a light before.

Welcome to the thread! :frow

Cluck, check your seed packest. Most radishes are direct sow. Lettuce should be great started early. Nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, etc.) can all be started indoors, most herbs, alliums (onion family), leafy greens, cucurbits (melons & squash), can all be started early.
Root vegetables and legumes usually do better direct sown. Other miscellaneous plants too, like dill, do better direct sown.

Thanks!

I just found this thread, so thought I'd jump in! I'll be sowing my seeds indoors tomorrow. I bought an indoor LED grow light, so we'll be using that for the first time. I'm really excited to start this little project with my kids! We plant a garden every year, but have not started seedlings inside with a light before.
Just got these lil babies planted! I’m so excited!!!😆 I have a question.... Is it ok to use the plastic lids that came with my trays or should I use Saran Wrap to sprout my seeds? I’ve seen options for both online....
D7D8FC8A-6BC8-46D8-BC08-E8A26F0599C0.jpeg

Just got these lil babies planted! I’m so excited!!!😆 I have a question.... Is it ok to use the plastic lids that came with my trays or should I use Saran Wrap to sprout my seeds? I’ve seen options for both online....
View attachment 2064227
You can use the plastic lids. Not sure why they would say to use the Saran Wrap unless you don't have the lids.

Just keep an eye on the lids, when they start condensating it makes it harder for the light to get to the plants, so just knock the water off the lid every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom