Garden thread

Pics
I don't have experience with okra. Do they produce continuously or only a single set of fruit? If they produce continuously, then I'd pinch off the early flowers/fruit and encourage it to put energy into root and vegetative growth.

I don't have experience with okra. Do they produce continuously or only a single set of fruit? If they produce continuously, then I'd pinch off the early flowers/fruit and encourage it to put energy into root and vegetative growth.
They grow continuously. I’m gonna wait to see what others say just to be 100% sure, not that I undervalue your opinion, It’s just I don’t want to accidentally make mistakes. I don’t mean to sound rude if I do so please don’t take that the wrong way, I’ve just been having a lot of catastrophes the past few days in my garden. Thanks for the advice, I’m going to look into it. I figured pinching them off would be the correct way. Well see..

No problem. I use that trick with a lot of plants- both annuals and perennials.
So far so good. Everything was going so well that I just decided to do both rows. I recall doing this with my Meyer lemon tree (hoping it would sprout more buds which would = more fruit but nope, instead it started sending off shoots and grew tons of branches which will mean more fruit later) so using the method we talked about, hopefully the same thing will happen..? I’ll keep everyone updated. This thread seems to be a bit inactive compared to the old garden thread. We need to get this puppy going! I’ll send some pictures of my garden tomorrow. Anyone here hotpepper fans? :thumbsup

So far so good. Everything was going so well that I just decided to do both rows. I recall doing this with my Meyer lemon tree (hoping it would sprout more buds which would = more fruit but nope, instead it started sending off shoots and grew tons of branches which will mean more fruit later) so using the method we talked about, hopefully the same thing will happen..? I’ll keep everyone updated. This thread seems to be a bit inactive compared to the old garden thread. We need to get this puppy going! I’ll send some pictures of my garden tomorrow. Anyone here hotpepper fans? :thumbsup

Not really a hot pepper fan, but I love multiple varieties of sweet to moderate heat peppers. Peppers are a prime variety that benefits from pinching while relatively young. Hopefully it works as well for your okra.

Back
Top Bottom