Garden thread

Pics
So far, all my honeydew have germinated!:celebrate Then, my first pepper plant is flowering!:ya My pumpkin plant has some buds!:weeAnd I have a bunch more pepper plants and my tomato is starting to get big!:yesss:

When did you plant your pumpkins? I really wanted to grow some this year but I'm afraid it's too late to plant them. :hmm

When did you plant your pumpkins? I really wanted to grow some this year but I'm afraid it's too late to plant them. :hmm
I planted it on Feb. 1. If you want faster germination, I put my late seeds in a wet paper towel and let one root start, then transfer to soil. It works faster this way, at least in my experience. After it germinates, pumpkin grows relatively fast. So does honeydew. But this also depends on your region, as I am in Northeast USA.

I need to go out and get some pictures of my seedlings (seedlings, right?)! They are all growing SO much! How is everyone doing today?

I need to go out and get some pictures of my seedlings (seedlings, right?)! They are all growing SO much! How is everyone doing today?

Harvested my first pea leaves today - yum! I should be good enough on greens at this point to not have to buy any from the market (had to buy them for a week between taking down last year's kale and this year's stuff sprouting to edible size). Pulled plenty of radishes too.

Everything that needs to be seeded is seeded now, just gotta wait for it to all get going.

Harvested my first pea leaves today - yum! I should be good enough on greens at this point to not have to buy any from the market (had to buy them for a week between taking down last year's kale and this year's stuff sprouting to edible size). Pulled plenty of radishes too.

Everything that needs to be seeded is seeded now, just gotta wait for it to all get going.

That does sound good!

I know a lot of people here dislike okra, but I could really use some advice here that could be paralleled to other plants as well. Pictures will be provided below. So my okra plants are maybe 4 to 5 inches tall, maybe less. I’m using wheat straw as a mulch throughout my garden as I have done every year. But my okra is so small, I’ve had the plants from seeds for about I’d say 2 months or so. They were started as seeds in small pots so they didn’t have much room to grow. But now they’re small, and it looks like they’re starting to bud and set flowers for fruit to come in. That would be a good thing, but these, being Clemson spineless, should be WAY taller by now, but they’re not. I’ve been giving them proper nutrients so that’s not the problem, they were stunted due to the tiny pots. But I want them to be taller. Should I pull off the buds where I believe they’re starting to set flowers, so they divert more energy to developing roots and foliage and stems, or should I let them be? Advice would be appreciate, tips, and maybe personal experience. Pictures below, and thanks to everyone. God bless, stay safe during the outbreak.
P.s. they’re in 16 foot rows. 10 plants each. I don’t think they can even support a small okra pod at their size but, oh well. What should I do? I couldn’t find any advice when I googled it so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg